Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Running 1.25 Fiesta - Help

MrStu

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with a problem with our Fiesta.

It's running "rough", so I've been investigating what the problem is (I was expecting no spark), but it's more confusing than that. I've changed the plugs (still a problem) and I've changed the leads (still a problem).

When I disconnect Nr 2 Cylinder, it makes no difference.... so I've established, whether Cylinder 2 lead is connected or not, the engine runs the same. I thought it would be no spark, but there is a spark, although it seems weaker than it should be. Is that possible?

The Plug is a little damp, and blacker than I would expect (compared to the others) so it seems (although I'm no expert) to be getting fuel, and it's getting a spark....

My question (before spending cash), is it likely to be the Coil Pack, or fueling?

Any help most appreciated, and apologies for my first post being a question (I'll try to help others in return). This one really has me stumped.

Stuart

Coil pack the ones on fiestas do go but if u r a member of AA tell them you have broken down somewhere and they will come out and usually they carry a spare happend on

My old one

Alternatively drive to your local mechanic tell him what you've done and you think it's coil pack and let him sort it or go to a parts shop and they should be able to get a new one same day

Alternatively drive to your local mechanic tell him what you've done and you think it's coil pack and let him sort it or go to a parts shop and they should be able to get a new one same day

I'm hoping to fix it, for as little as possible.... everything we've swapped is free, and we've opted to spend a tenner on a coilpack.... we'll see how it goes. Going to plug it into diagnostics later, and see if that shows anything. If it does, I'll update on here.

Just to update, the new Coil Pack is fitted, problem solved....

Stuart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club