Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

To People That Bought There Fords Brand New

FincHy

I’ve had my car 2 years now and my local ford dealer (Allen ford) are harassing me to trade it in and get another one!

My focus is a 1.6 TDCI Zetec with £1000 extras (Sony CD with Bluetooth/voice control, iPod Connection) and the sports pack.

I went in last month because i received a letter saying "you have been specially selected to receive a great deal on a new ford" bla blu ble bla bla, so I popped down to see what this deal was all about.

They loved my focus and how well i have looked after it, saying they will be able to sell that no problem (which made me want to keep my car even more and not hand it over to these sleezy salesmen)

The deal in the end was awful, 2 and a half hours of my life wasted! I could have been doing something better like being in the pub! ^_^ I also drove the new focus and i didn’t like it one bit! Felt way smaller inside.

Since then i have received 2 more letters in 3 weeks saying pretty much the same thing! :blink:

I have a friend who got his focus the same time as me with the same spec, except his is black and a 1.8 petrol and he hasn’t heard from Allen ford once!

So I’m curious, does anyone else get this from their local ford dealers? Hounding you for your cars?

I have had the odd letter from the dealer I used to buy mine three years ago.

3 letters is not harassing (in fact, its not even hounding) you, and the reason you have had the subsequent letters is probably because you acted on the first one, so have been identified as someone who might trade up if the deal is right.

Ford dont contact me to upgrade, i think they may be hounding you because your focus is white and a big seller in that colour also easy to do a st replica since the st is also white.

but they do post me letters letting me know that the focus is due a service and when the mk3 focus was released they sent me an invitation for a test drive lol

but i bought the missus a nissan in 2006 and they post me christmas cards also sent me a james bond style letter printed ''for your eyes only'' lmao inside was a 2,000 trade in voucher to be used if buying a Juke lmao no chance,

overall though im happy with ford, and they can contact me any time they want but i wont be trading in my focus any time soon.

Yes Allen Ford (Northampton) keep pestering me to get a new car too. All these letters with special codes to quote, VIP invitations and all that rubbish.

I have had the odd letter from the dealer I used to buy mine three years ago.

3 letters is not harassing (in fact, its not even hounding) you, and the reason you have had the subsequent letters is probably because you acted on the first one, so have been identified as someone who might trade up if the deal is right.

Hmmmm very true, ive gone in once so they will keep trying to get me in again i guess, hate the salesmen at my local allen ford :angry:

Like Lenny has said i wont be trading it in, ive grown attached to it in a sad sort of way :rolleyes:

Thats exactly what i get Nath! by the look of your fiesta why the hell would you trade it in! by the way where did you get the black lower grill graphic/sticker to make it look RS like? ive wanted one of them for my focus for ages. :D

Thats exactly what i get Nath! by the look of your fiesta why the hell would you trade it in! by the way where did you get the black lower grill graphic/sticker to make it look RS like? ive wanted one of them for my focus for ages. :D

It was an interesting phone call with Allen Ford! (They rang me)

Salesman: How would you like a brand new car for less money a month than what you're paying now?

Me: Well I quite like my car, and I've spent so long getting it the way I want it.

Salesman: Oh it's modified?

Me: Oh yes!

Salesman: What have you done?

Me: Where do I start? Cruise control, folding mirrors, ambient lighting, grill, vinyl wrapping, parking sensors, spraying plastics....

Salesman: Oh, well obviously that would affect your part-exchange value. It would go down..

Me: That's what I thought, goodbye! :)

As for the grills, I import them. I can't say I've seen one like it for the Focus though? And the vinyl wrapping was done by a local company.

It was an interesting phone call with Allen Ford! (They rang me)

Salesman: How would you like a brand new car for less money a month than what you're paying now?

Me: Well I quite like my car, and I've spent so long getting it the way I want it.

Salesman: Oh it's modified?

Me: Oh yes!

Salesman: What have you done?

Me: Where do I start? Cruise control, folding mirrors, ambient lighting, grill, vinyl wrapping, parking sensors, spraying plastics....

Salesman: Oh, well obviously that would affect your part-exchange value. It would go down..

Me: That's what I thought, goodbye! :)

As for the grills, I import them. I can't say I've seen one like it for the Focus though? And the vinyl wrapping was done by a local company.

Nice and blunt, i like it haha.

Vinyl wrapping! thats what i meant, im sure i can find some one who will do that. cheers :)

I dont see how modifying and ADDING quality parts to the car would REDUCE its value... the insurance industry see that as increasing the price of your car, and so would charge you a premium because you have made your vehicle more enticing and more wanted (I cant think of the word I want!).

I used to get the odd card from my local dealer asking if I was thinking of upgrading, but never hounded.

I think I recieved about 4 invites over 4 years, so cant complain.

I dont mind them asking me if I want a new car, but unless they give me what I want, and at the price I want, they can sing! :P

I dont see how modifying and ADDING quality parts to the car would REDUCE its value... the insurance industry see that as increasing the price of your car, and so would charge you a premium because you have made your vehicle more enticing and more wanted (I cant think of the word I want!).

Appealing ;)

Modifying a car reduces it's value as it narrows its appeal to a mass market.

Appealing is certainly one word that I was thinking, but there is another, a means by which it is not just appealing but it is substantially then more wanted by the bad guys :P

I see your point iNath, it just confuses me how in the same industry, one side of it will increase, and the other will decrease!

I have seen old codgers driving sporty looking cars, and I mean 60+ driving chavved up Corsa's with funny lights, and artwork... it goes to show that it still can appeal, even to the most unsuspecting of customers!

I’ve had my car 2 years now and my local ford dealer (Allen ford) are harassing me to trade it in and get another one! My focus is a 1.6 TDCI Zetec with £1000 extras (Sony CD with Bluetooth/voice control, iPod Connection) and the sports pack. I went in last month because i received a letter saying "you have been specially selected to receive a great deal on a new ford" bla blu ble bla bla, so I popped down to see what this deal was all about. They loved my focus and how well i have looked after it, saying they will be able to sell that no problem (which made me want to keep my car even more and not hand it over to these sleezy salesmen) The deal in the end was awful, 2 and a half hours of my life wasted! I could have been doing something better like being in the pub! ^_^ I also drove the new focus and i didn’t like it one bit! Felt way smaller inside. Since then i have received 2 more letters in 3 weeks saying pretty much the same thing! :blink: I have a friend who got his focus the same time as me with the same spec, except his is black and a 1.8 petrol and he hasn’t heard from Allen ford once! So I’m curious, does anyone else get this from their local ford dealers? Hounding you for your cars?

Happens all the time in my neck of the woods too, mainly due to buyers walking into a showroom asking for a specific motor - and if youre records are on file the salesman will contact you and 'entice' you with lower payments and a new car...