Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start Button / Audio Question

mitch84

Hi

I have always wondered if its possible to keep the radio on when I turn my cars engine off.

I have the keyless start button and every time I press it to turn off the engine everything goes off as well.

Is there a way to turn just the engine off when pressing it?

thanks

Usually you can press the radio power button to enable the radio for one hour.

hi

Yeah I do that , I know its not a pain to do , it would just be good if it wouldn't turn off when I press the start button , cant have everything :)

cheers

I suppose you could disconnect the ignition link at the back of the radio loom but is it really worth all the effort for something that only requires a push of a button?

Hi

I have always wondered if its possible to keep the radio on when I turn my cars engine off.

I have the keyless start button and every time I press it to turn off the engine everything goes off as well.

Is there a way to turn just the engine off when pressing it?

thanks

I just press the button again - pre ignition so radio is on then press ok on steering wheel as car screen will tell you door open and keyless is engaged !

I just press the button again - pre ignition so radio is on then press ok on steering wheel as car screen will tell you door open and keyless is engaged !

Wouldn't it be easier just to turn the radio back on for the 1 hour countdown as Stoney suggested? <_<

soz if im wrong but when you start the engine you have to put clutch down right? otherwise you just turn on the power is there not like a reverse to that, like clutch down and off button.... or off button without clutch??? just a suggestion...

Mines the same but to be honest if it didn't turn off everyone would be forever leaving them on and not noticing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club