Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 1.6 Petrol Question..

Aboyner

I previously had a mk1 1.6 zetec petrol and changed for a mk2 1.6 zetec petrol.

My question is, does anyone else find it that they are up the gears very fast? I mean when I'm just cruising I do be up in 4th gear very fast and I wouldn't even be going fast. Is it because in the mk1 the rev counter went to 7000rpm and I change gear at 3000rpm but in the mk2 it goes up to 8000rpm and I'm still changing gear at 3? Hence I'm up in higher gears faster without going the speeds I use to! Also what is the estimated top speed for the mk2 1.6 zetec, I haven't got a chance to check mine yet. I know I got 120mph in my mk1 with four people in it which I thought was good!

120mph 4 up, insane!

120mph 4 up, insane!

Yeah honest to god... I don't think the mk2 would be able for that!

i think youre speedo was a little optimistic the maximum speed of any 1.6 was 114mph and youde struggle to get that especially 4 up having had the 1.8 123mph was stated and again youde need 2 runways to get to that speed the mk2 will not do that speed of 120mph im assuming its a tivct you have it will climb the gears faster due to what the ti vct does if it is a ti vct 118mph tops standard 1.6 112mph max

i think youre speedo was a little optimistic the maximum speed of any 1.6 was 114mph and youde struggle to get that especially 4 up having had the 1.8 123mph was stated and again youde need 2 runways to get to that speed the mk2 will not do that speed of 120mph im assuming its a tivct you have it will climb the gears faster due to what the ti vct does if it is a ti vct 118mph tops standard 1.6 112mph max

Maybe it was wrong but it seemed !Removed! fast..

Sorry for being ignorant but what is ti vct?

Sorry for being ignorant but what is ti vct?

Twin Independant Variable Camshaft TIming

It's where the angle of the two camshafts (one for the intake and one for the exhaust valves) can be changed slightly so the timing is either advanced or retarded to give better performance amongst other things.

Iv never had my 1.6 Zetec at 120mph. Iv hit 115mph and thats flat....

I do see myself upping the gears more than normal but its not a massive difference from my other cars really.

I cruise nicely 3rd / 4th yeah. But i wouldn't see me getting 120mph at all let alone 4th.

Brought my 2005 1.6 zetec climate few weeks ago, and at weekend i had a go to see what she can do. i easy rolled up to 120mph and sat there very nicely. it also felt like it had more to go. and i aint no skinny bloke :P

Brought my 2005 1.6 zetec climate few weeks ago, and at weekend i had a go to see what she can do. i easy rolled up to 120mph and sat there very nicely. it also felt like it had more to go. and i aint no skinny bloke :P

Really? well i don't know why but i got 115mph, i did have a suitcase in the back but i don't think that made alot of difference. I don't see the Focus doing more than 120mph be honest.

Flat out in a 1.6 would put considerable strain on the engine, consider the consequences of a seized engine at that speed, on a disused private runway it's just your life at risk, it's another matter on the public highway.

Stormin, reformed hooligan speeder.

Flat out in a 1.6 would put considerable strain on the engine, consider the consequences of a seized engine at that speed, on a disused private runway it's just your life at risk, it's another matter on the public highway.

Stormin, reformed hooligan speeder.

I wasn't doing it for long I slowed down after a bit as I got scared haha plus I didnt want to risk a life time ban if I got caught!

I haven't tried the full speed on my mk2 but Iv noticed that when going about 120km/h that the car seems to get a bit shakey.. Not the steering wheel just the car. I was thinking if it was just me feeling it cause I'm driving or would Passangers feel it aswell!

Iv also noticed a whistle noise when my drivers side window down which is very annoying!

you are telling the wrong person aboyner naughty naughty. vous papiers si vous plai

Jamie

All three Focus's Ive had the speedo was over stating the speed by 5mph at 80mph. So by using that as a basis for calculating a speed showing 120mph you are more likely doing 113mph.

you are telling the wrong person aboyner naughty naughty. vous papiers si vous plai

Jamie

You don't want to be saying how fast you go on public roads around me an' Stormin. :ph34r:

Woop Woop, It's da soun'a'da Police. B) copper-1.gif

Apart from an automatic driving ban if we catch you doing over a ton, you will find that when you get your licence back there will be massive increase in your insurance premiums for the next 5 years if not longer! :(

Don't worry guys I'm not a speeder but I do believe everyone tests their car at least once...! Plus you's will have to come over to Ireland to get me :)

Don't worry guys I'm not a speeder but I do believe everyone tests their car at least once...! Plus you's will have to come over to Ireland to get me :)

Funnily enough I have some good friends and contacts in the Garda.

Don't worry, I'm not that nasty. ;)

Funnily enough I have some good friends and contacts in the Garda.

Don't worry, I'm not that nasty. ;)

Good to know!:) but not to worry my average speed when you check on the dash is only 38km/h

Good to know! :) but not to worry my average speed when you check on the dash is only 38km/h

To get that average speed you must be doing over 38kph :P

last i looked the worst speeders were the plod ahem cough cough :D

last i looked the worst speeders were the plod ahem cough cough :D

Got something stuck in your throat mate? :P

probably the remains of my crisp i was eating as the plod van shot past me like it had nitrous fitted earlier on no blues on either tut tut lol

Must be lunch time, er I mean, a discreet approach to a location where lights and sirens may escalate a dangerous situation, Ahem. ;)

Must be lunch time, er I mean, a discreet approach to a location where lights and sirens may escalate a dangerous situation, Ahem. ;)

lol what on a motorway? I've seen the same as artscot has seen, a police volvo with no lights on going 120mph

Don't want to scare the public with a lot of noise and flashing lights, we just like to arrive fast and not let the toe-rags know we are coming. :D :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club