Photo

Installing Mk2.5 Spoiler On Mk2 Focus - Insurance Need To Know?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hi folks,

So, I've just bought a spoiler off eBay for a Focus mk2.5 Titanium, and when it arrives I plan to fit it to my Focus mk2 Ghia as per the FOC guide (http://www.fordowner...mk2-mk25-focus/).

But, I was just wondering if this is the type of mod that you really need to tell your insurance about? Afterall you are fitting a genuine Ford spoiler which comes as standard on cars which are essentially just newer versions of my own car. Is it the kind of thing they could use to justify not paying out in the event of a crash?

For anybody who has made this mod, did you tell your insurance?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 NorthSussex

NorthSussex

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi folks,

So, I've just bought a spoiler off eBay for a Focus mk2.5 Titanium, and when it arrives I plan to fit it to my Focus mk2 Ghia as per the FOC guide (http://www.fordowner...mk2-mk25-focus/).

But, I was just wondering if this is the type of mod that you really need to tell your insurance about? Afterall you are fitting a genuine Ford spoiler which comes as standard on cars which are essentially just newer versions of my own car. Is it the kind of thing they could use to justify not paying out in the event of a crash?

For anybody who has made this mod, did you tell your insurance?

I would always tell the insurance company in writing for any change from original spec, then they have no excuse for not paying out after a crash, it's unlikely to increase your premium.

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,105 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Done that mod, no premium increase.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users