Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Sludge Removal

Chrispy.

I recently shattered my tensioner, which caused my timing belt to slip which then cause my pistons to bend my inlet valves.

I took it to my Mechanic - Martin - who fixed it all. but when he took the head off, he noticed it was full with black sludge like fluid.

He said "This car has not had a good life"

He said it may have missed a few services.

He pressure washed the head clean from the sludge which has improved the performance of the 1.4 Zetec SE engine, however he has said i will need to clean the rest of the engine.

My question is, has anyone used a Engine Flush treatment? if so, what will be the best one to get?

Have you ever had to remove sludge? if so, how did you do it? and how is your engine now?

Ive got new oil and oil filters ready for the numerous changes to clean the engine, but Martin has said use a Engine Flush.

Any Ideas?

a9olxc.jpg

Im assuming that this Is this from a diesel car, looks like a case of black death to me!?

probably wouldnt go down the adding flushes and additives route, causes more problems most the time, and really shouldnt flush turbocharges (if it is turbocharged) engines, apparently!

Probably would flsuh it through a few times with proper oil like Castrol or Mobil, might be pricey for the oil though, but at the end of the day, oil is a vital component and cheaper ones just break down and cause, well black sludge! =[

Hope you sort it out though matey.

Its not a diesel!!

its a Petrol engine :)

Ive found on euro car parts around £25 per 4 ltr of Castrol so ill probably just go for a few oil changes with oil filters

Thanks for the advice!

Its not a diesel!!

its a Petrol engine :)

Ive found on euro car parts around £25 per 4 ltr of Castrol so ill probably just go for a few oil changes with oil filters

Thanks for the advice!

Ive used this stuff before mate,

but read the tin and follow the instructions, dont leave it in the oil for longer than stated on the tin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wynns-Engine-Flush-425ml-51265-Cleans-Engines-Hydraulic-Systems-/261022053767?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item3cc6207587