Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Smax - Engine Hesitation At Approx 1800 To 2500 Revs

Rob - Smax

I have been experiencing this problem on a less than 3 year old Smax 2.0 140 with low mileage - Ford are unable to fix the fault and have basically let the warranty run out without any support - Anyone with some ideas?

To add to my original post - The vehicle doesn't give any fault codes therefore Ford say there can't be a fault as the ECU always reports back. They are saying it's my driving style causing the fault - Seems unlikely as it happens whilst cruising on the motorway - Mainly uphill but can happen down hill and on level ground.

1. If you reported the fault before the warranty ran out - they are obliged to fix it. Speak to Ford customer services and put in a complaint / cause merry hell about your dealer not taking your concern seriously and allowing the warranty to expire.

2. These sort of things are are often caused by the boost control solenoids. They get lazy over time but the car's ECU is unaware of this so will not log a fault. Might be worth getting these changed and see if that improves things...

But speak to Ford first and see if they will authorise you to take the car to another dealer and have the issue addressed as a warranty claim.

egr maybe??

have you given it an italian tune up?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club