Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus Zetec S...

.Ryan

Pretty sure it's the same as the ST spoiler too?

yes it is the ST spoiler and the zetec s spoiler are the same one,

kinda like smoky & the bandit, Smoky is ther Bandit

New air filter fitted :)

88d14b4c.jpg

Mk3 spray type washer jets fitted, nice little mod for £6!

IMG_1080.jpg

Getting there buddy. :)

Yes mate, still hunting for wheel no4 but looking at cheap (as it's service, tax & MOT month) little mods this month. Thinking when I get my replacement Mtec Cosmos 55w (road legal!) replacements and I manage to get the LH sidelight replaced, the front end will look much better.

Would also like my bonnet lip wrapped in carbon fibre but I'm crap with that kind of thing!

very nice dude. whats the induction kit sound like? is it jus the filter u replaced and not all the pipes?

Sounds good!

Just normal at standard revs, normal driving style but when you put your toe down a bit, towards 3000rpm it gives out a nice roar! Just a straight swap of the air filter, no pipes changed.

got a link for the filter dude. i didnt know u could do it this way i was looking at jus panel filters.

so should be a straight fit for my 2005 zetec? didnt know it was that cheap :o panel filters cost more!

theres a reason why decent filters cost more they are tested and specific for the car these universal ones are extremely cheap made with poor filtration that lets particles through which isnt good for the engine and since they arent developed for the car most actually hamper performance if you want an intake buy from kandn they are developed and tested for the car

theres a reason why decent filters cost more they are tested and specific for the car these universal ones are extremely cheap made with poor filtration that lets particles through which isnt good for the engine and since they arent developed for the car most actually hamper performance if you want an intake buy from kandn they are developed and tested for the car

+1 i bought an air filter for the partners, nissan almera 1.5 petrol in hallfords and the car wasnt as fuel efficent,

as it was when it had the genuine Nissan filter in it, even the expected distance on a full tank of fuel was showing as much as 50km less per tank compared to the genuine filter, and neither of the filters were performance filters. and their was no difference in power

Must admit the mpg does seem a bit low :( would getting a decent quality K&N be any better?

Must admit the mpg does seem a bit low :( would getting a decent quality K&N be any better?

K&N cost a fair bit more but they can last unto 1,000,000 miles. Well its what they advertise. They let less crap through and will improve performance abit (I'm not mega sure on that)

Im gonna get one i think, maybe full induction kit but i believe its around £180 mark. Im unsure if just the rounded filter would just do.

Maybe someone can elaborate more.

K&N cost a fair bit more but they can last unto 1,000,000 miles. Well its what they advertise. They let less crap through and will improve performance abit (I'm not mega sure on that)

Im gonna get one i think, maybe full induction kit but i believe its around £180 mark. Im unsure if just the rounded filter would just do.

Maybe someone can elaborate more.

Which full kit have you been looking at mate?

And yea if someone could elaborate that would be ace :)

k and n are tested on that specific engine and car and theyre quality is second to none its worth paying for a decent one avoid pipercross ive had one and theyre just a pain to clean and reoil

k and n are tested on that specific engine and car and theyre quality is second to none its worth paying for a decent one avoid pipercross ive had one and theyre just a pain to clean and reoil

Better MPG with the K&N you reckon?

the mpg on the k and n is b etter but like anything it will be worse than the standard airbox with a k and n panel filter when you give it some welly the only thing with the induction kit is you need to prevent heat soak so a cold air feed is a must as is a heat shield otherwise no matter what filter you use the engine will lose power due to the warm air being sucked in from the engine bay induction kits just make noise thats all

I see, hmmmmmm, I need to rethink this I think <_<

ST grill fitted (although got major bonnet lock opening issues!):

IMG_1102.jpg

Looks great mate :)

On the other hand with the bonnet lock opening the only way to sort it is to cut the grille open, if you take it to ford that is what the will do as had it happen to mine before when just fiddling with the grille, not even removing it !!

It's a very serious design fault that has been mentioned hundreds of times before

Basically if you look through the grill to the actuall release mechanism you can see a white disc on the other end of the key lock. When the grill gets tampered with it pulls the white disc out from the unseen components making the locking mechanism useless. Ford have to cut out the grill to release the bonnet then replace the grill. Best not to tamper with the grills at all, just get ford or a mechanic to do it with the right tools

Thanks for the replies Haz, gutted to be honest :(

Sorted this with the help of some awesome advice and some brute force, car is going for a wash today and this week it will be getting some much needed love...

IMG_1135.jpg