Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting..

Ash88lfc

Hi can any body help. Looking at getting my car windows all tinted. I know you can only get so much percent tinted on front is it just front window or passanger/driver window too?

My question tho or enquiry is though. Does anybody know of any one North West/ Cheshire who is ideal to do this. Cheapest can get really but of a high job. Cheers.

Maximum legal tint for the windscreen and driver/passenger front windows is 30%.

That is usually the level on the car from the factory so it's advisable to leave those windows well alone.

You can do the back with gloss paint if you like, just remember that you will reduce visibility when reversing or in the dark/rain.

What I mean by that is there is no legislation for rear tints.

You can go as dark as you like there just not the front.

One option for a totally blacked out rear is a reversing camera.

gloss paint? Really??

Haha... I think what Stoney871 was getting at is that the law doesn't care what you do with your back windows - you can have 100% "tint" (i.e. gloss paint) if you like. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to drive a transit van!

As long as your front windscreen AND front passenger windows have no more than 30% tint, you can do what you like with the rest.

haha typical me. I have blond hair, acceptable. hahaa.

Anybody know who can do this. had quotes of about £170. seems bit steep but sure can get done for fraction less.

It's just a case or searching and ringing around.

I was looking at getting the same done to my car and the average quote was £80 but then when I rang the insurance company they soon shot me down when I tried to add the modification on. An extra £500 a year and an extra £250 excess! Absolute jokers!! So I gave up on that idea. Don't really know why though. God knows how many dicks drive around completely uninsured or have alloy wheels, exhausts, illegal lights, engine modifications which haven't been declared

The problem is that some people just don't give a damn about doing the decent or lawful thing.

These are the sort of people who breeze through life causing mayhem for all around them while they drift by in total ignorence.

It's them that cause insurance premiums to rocket.

i got my windows tinted for £120 at a place up here in gateshead. mind he said £150 if i wasnt in military. plus i rang my insurance company to declare and they didnt care, they just said what do you want us to do about it lol

John, what insurance are you with?

Im in military too but it means jack s***t round here.

I'm with direct line - not next year :P

I would assume that the reason the insurance significantly increase some individuals premiums once they know of window tinting, is because many accidents (especially round my area) have been caused (or would of been less likely to happen), if it wasn't for the window tint.

I'd agree with front tints yes but I cant see how an accident could be caused by rear window tints. The main reason they charge for them is they make a car look better hence more appealing for thieves

as stupid as this may sound it could be what you have asked for... like if you ring up and say i want to get my windows tinted because it looks better, they think boy racer...

or you could say i was thinking of getting rear privacy glass so that my kids don't get blinded on a sunny day...

Two of my mates with the same car and same insurers, had this happen to them and was told different prices...

i asked about adding rear parking sensors and rear privacy glass and was quoted £26 extra for the year.

Hi try car stuff in northwich cheshire down by the barge lift did my range rover for 300 great job going to get him to do my new focus.

Hi can any body help. Looking at getting my car windows all tinted. I know you can only get so much percent tinted on front is it just front window or passanger/driver window too?

My question tho or enquiry is though. Does anybody know of any one North West/ Cheshire who is ideal to do this. Cheapest can get really but of a high job. Cheers.

I have a new focus Titanium and I had the rear tints factory fitted as standard but thought against the front it looked odd as they were clear - I decided to have the front done aswell at 33% as I had done on my last car and no problems ?

e04b3f62.jpg

See I really like that and agree it looks wicked, would like it on my car but it's illegal & if you have a crash (god forbid you don't) the insurance company could null and void your policy:

A) it's illegal

B ) it's a modification which hasn't been declared

If your front tints are only allowing 33% through then they are very illegal.

By law the front windows must transmit 70% light.

If you get tugged you will be made to remove the film there and then or the car gets towed and you get fined.

As stated above, insurance will definitely refuse to cover you if anything goes wrong.

See I really like that and agree it looks wicked, would like it on my car but it's illegal & if you have a crash (god forbid you don't) the insurance company could null and void your policy:

A) it's illegal

B ) it's a modification which hasn't been declared

Told insurance mate and no change - also I smashed my other car up early last year £5k worth of damage and window got smashed / police at the scene , nothing said and insurance even paid for re-tint , they are not actually as dark as they look on the picture mate

If your front tints are only allowing 33% through then they are very illegal.

By law the front windows must transmit 70% light.

If you get tugged you will be made to remove the film there and then or the car gets towed and you get fined.

As stated above, insurance will definitely refuse to cover you if anything goes wrong.

Just posted - I did have a bad smash with police involved and nothing said - insurance even paid for re tint as it got smashed in the accident - told insurance and no change in premium on front tints ?

5591b3d3.jpg

Don't look as bad on this picture - Some people do ask if they are tinted as the picture does make it look darker than actually is

Which insurance company you with? I'm clearly with the wrong one!

Also you were saying the window was smashed so chances are the police didn't spot it? I would've thought you would've been slapped on the wrists straight away because they would've said you can't see through them etc and been prosecuted. I reckon you got extremely lucky to get away with it. All my mates who have front tints are forever being pulled and made to take them off

Which insurance company you with? I'm clearly with the wrong one!

Swiftcover

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club