Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issues With 1.6 Tdci

Bladerunner

Hi, having just recently become the owner of an ex Ford uk zetec 1.6 tdci 95 bhp with 8,900mls I thought it would be a good replacement for our Nissan Micra that was five and a half years old and with 94,000 mls on the clock.

We commute to work and cover 300mls a week.

What a disapointment to encounter several issues with it after only 600 mls.

Firstly I should explain it was bought from a Ford main dealer with 19 months warranty remaining.

The car had been seviced prior to collection, firstly the test route we drove on was a rather winding road, but to my dismayfollowig collection and driving on straight motorway the steering wheel was not level across the spokes when driving straight ahead being at least 25mm down on the left.

Secondly when the engine was cold it suffered from quite noticeable shudder and hesitation at low revs and when changing up through the gears with a noticeable lag in the throttle action prior to the turbo spooling up, it also has started to have a whine which is very noticeable at low speeds around Town.

Thirdly a damaged tyre , drivers front.

Whilst the garage in question apear to be helpfull they did sort out the steering wheel blaming someone else for balancing the wheels, they after having the car initially for 24 hrs and a further visit of 3 hrs they tell me that they cannot replicate the engine issues I have identified and that there is nothing wrong with the car.

On collection the first time I was advised that the engine software was checked and found to be up to date, the car continued to hesitate so back again it went on Saturday morning only for them to again say that there was nothing wrong and that the software was now up to date (again).

Now this leaves me wondering if there is a general issue with this engine and hessitation or have I got a major lemon.

Don't get me wrong here as wife and I think it a smashing car but it should not drive like this.

My neighbour has just bought a brand new zetec s with the same engine so will go for a drive this week end to compare.

Has anyone out there encountred the engine issues we are having , and is this dealer being straight with me.

I intended to have this car long term as we also bought an extra 3 yrs Ford warranty.

I look forwards to any thoughts or advice with this

Cheers.

I can confirm there is noticeable turbo lag on the 95 DPF engine - sometimes when pulling away (usually at the worst time, ie roundabouts) there is major hesitation whilst cars are heading right for you! Can be very annoying/dangerous but from the experiences I've seen on the forum, completely normal.

I'll be looking to get mine remapped at some point and hopefully iron out these issues.

i have drove one of these as a courtesy car and i did notice the lag some times full throttle launches seemed to do the job but i would not do it in my own car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club