Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Sidelights...grrr!!!

.Ryan

Trying to change over my sidelights, on the right side I ended up snapping the lollipop stick thing a little bit which is rather annoying, but it is changed. Now I've snapped the lollipop stick on the left hand side too! Either I am very very heavy handed, or it is a rubbish design :(

This is what I'm doing this evening:

7210405a.jpg

35477a20.jpg

Trying to find a way to get the sidelights out...meh!

Any advice welcome :)

Twist counter clockwise and pull out.

Only got a tiny bit of stick left so it's proving tricky :(

Long nose pliers or superglue the bits back on?

Long nose pliers or superglue the bits back on?

Trying pliers but nothing is working. Hole is tiny so couldnt superglue the stick together, no idea what I'm going to do :/ thanks anyway mate

Could you pinch the bulb holder between two blade screwdrivers abd twist just enough to work them loose?

Seems daft that they make the holders so deep.

Will give it a go mate! Had to stick the left side unit back in so at the mo I have 1 LED and one standard sidelight...yuk!

Will give it a go mate! Had to stick the left side unit back in so at the mo I have 1 LED and one standard sidelight...yuk!

I bet that looks the part right now haha!

I was a bit curious over the design... its a bit strange, and I would have at least made the plastic a bit thicker and tougher!!

Ahh, im trying mine on monday!

any hints or tips?

gc88

Don't break the plastic tongues. :P

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I have done the same on mine GGRRRRR

I have a large long flat head screwdriver i use.

Where the 'tab' snapped off it left enough slot to place the screwdriver and this allowed me to change the bulb.

By the way - I have been to dealers etc and looked around. Apparantly you are not able to buy a replacement bulb holder. They say its a new headlight

Guess what, my tab is still broken!

:(

try contacting some breakers yards through eBay, considering 90% of right offs are front end damage you are likely to fid smashed up headlight units that are no good to anyone but with perfectly good parking light sticks inside the rubber grommets. breakers wont charge much for this type of part because its an unusual request.

just write a request once, then copy&paste it in to a message on eBay to each of the breakers then wait for them to contact you back,

rather than emailing each one individually just paste in the same meaasge each time,

I'm a bit confused by what bits been broken, an am nervous to change mine as I'm not light handed or delicate...

What is this lolly type thing?

Thanks for your help so far guys :)

I'm a bit confused by what bits been broken, an am nervous to change mine as I'm not light handed or delicate...

Yea the lolly thing lol :(

when you lift ou the headlight and remove the rectangular rubber cap from the parking bulb port,

you will see a long plastic strip that looks similsr to a lolly pop stick, gently pull this to remove the parking bulb socket that is on the end of the strip,

due to the complex design of the headlight units, it is difficut to access the parking bulbs so ford have fitted these strips to the bulb socket to enable the bulbs to be easily changed with gentle care.

i found the easiest option is to remove the headlight completly and bring it in to a bench or a table wher you can see clearly what you are doing and their is no risk of the headlight unit scratching the front bumper on the car.

Image1672.jpg

Not a great look lol...

IMG_1079.jpg

Got a good deal on a set of Halfords Advanced Lifetime screwdrivers, got an extra long flathead so may give that a go!