Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Open Boot Button On The Remote!!

ljohno

Can you open the boot with the remote on its own, with the car locked and alarm on? Ford Focus 2009

On a Mk2 you can so I'd say yes for your 2.5

Can you open the boot with the remote on its own, with the car locked and alarm on? Ford Focus 2009

yes you can on the mk2.5,

but if the alarm is an aftermarket one then you may need to de-activate it before you open the boot.

i can tell from this topic that you are a very adventures kind of person ;)

Thanks for your help!

Ive only had my 2.5 for 2 wks,still learning.

Can you help me with another thing?

Fog lights?? you turn the dial to fog lights . You pull dial out once for front fog lights and twice for back fog lights. Im so confused ! :(

That's correct.

First notch on pull is front fogs and second notch is rear.

You can also do it on the sidelight level, no need for full headlights.

That's correct.

First notch on pull is front fogs and second notch is rear.

You can also do it on the sidelight level, no need for full headlights.

yes out once for the front fogs,

and out twice for the front and rear fogs togeather,

before i fitted the DRL's i used to drive around all the time with the lights over one and out one,

i have the car almost two years now and i still have to tell the missus how to switch on the headlights when shes driving it.

the poor car crys when she gets in the drivers seat lol

i know what you mean lenny, in regards to the car crying. my dad gets in and the car and the clutch thanks me for getting him out and me driving.

now he has got my sisters fiesta 2007, 1. tdci to play with now. lol

but btt, yeah press the button on remote and boot opens, even with locks on etc.

as for fogs as above.

i have the car almost two years now and i still have to tell the missus how to switch on the headlights when shes driving it.

the poor car crys when she gets in the drivers seat lol

I leave mine on Auto and tell her not to touch the lights. Fortunately its not very often.

To open the boot with the remote will depend on how the key is set up, sometimes its one press or it could be to clicks as if using a PC mouse.

yes you can on the mk2.5,

but if the alarm is an aftermarket one then you may need to de-activate it before you open the boot.

i can tell from this topic that you are a very adventures kind of person ;)

LMAO that made me laugh

LMAO that made me laugh

coffee-screen-smiley.gif Cheers mate, glad someone else has found my humour

One thing I forgot to mention, if you release the boot lid with the remote and then fail to open the boot within about 30 seconds, the when you do lift it the alarm will sound, if this happens you need to use the key to unlock the drivers door to cancel it.

Sorry to hijack thread:

How do I get all doors on 1998 t reg mk1 to unlock at same time when i press unlock button on remote.

The standard is first press for drivers door and second press for all doors, it's an anti tamper setting - the same for the Mk2 + too.

Sorry to hijack thread:

How do I get all doors on 1998 t reg mk1 to unlock at same time when i press unlock button on remote.

you can remove multi lock by perfoming a series of actions with the fob,

i think you press lock for 30 seconds or somthing then the indicators will flash to alert you of the setting so then multi lock will be de-activated. and the same again to activate it.

Thanks for your help!

Ive only had my 2.5 for 2 wks,still learning.

Can you help me with another thing?

Fog lights?? you turn the dial to fog lights . You pull dial out once for front fog lights and twice for back fog lights. Im so confused ! :(

Surely it can't be that difficult to see if the fog lights are on? Kinda given away by the increase in illumination in front of the car :rolleyes: