Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 58 - Retrofit Bluetooth & Usb Questions

Safekidda

Thanks mate. I can't see your post, any chance you can take some screen shots and add them as pictures.

Anyway, if I do not have any wiring loom or anything, would I be correct in thinking that all I need is

1. The BT module

2. The wiring loom that plugs into the module and the head unit loom (is this just one single loom? As I have seen people mention some loop connections)

3. Microphone.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I'm not 100% this will work with your head unit Jonny. Could be wrong. I retro fitted but have a Sony HU. Not sure if willy retro fitted with your head unit or a sony

Higgsy right. You'll need a Sony head unit. As mentioned in my last post, I can't access the FocusSToc site as I'm not a paid member anymore but all the loom parts and links to other how to guides are in my post.

Just to clarify. You'll need (if you haven't already) the following

Head Unit

USB loom

Head unit - bluetooth module loom (if not already fitted)

Ignition loom

Mic loom (loop connector)

Audio loom (loop connector)

BT module

Mic

All the looms new from Ford will set you back arround £400.

Thanks guys. Do you think that if I find that the bluetooth loom is in place already, would you expect the mic loop and audio loop to also be there?

Only if you have sat nav from the factory

Yeah I do. It is the sat nav unit with the climate built in. I'm sure it is called the NX unit.

Get over to the Focus ST owners club Jon and become a member. It a really good site.

Full membership is only £6 and has loads of info that you'll find interesting

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/store/product/33-club-member-membership-6-months/

Don't forget to look out for a guy over there called xfileswilly ;)

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/user/21001-xfileswilly/

This guide is for the Sony 6 disc dab but will give you a good idea of what's involved, I can remember reading that the NX unit has a mic built into it for voice commands this might explain the stalk with the voice button.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/212-retrofit-bluetooth-with-voice-control-and-usb-for-focus-mk25/

Also have a read through this, it's for the Kuga but has reference to the NX unit

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/retrofit-bt-vc-with-usb_topic1669_page1.html

• Like 1

Looks similar to my old guide Gaz :)

Perfect

My unit definitely has a mic as it does respond to voice commands. Would this mean I wouldn't need the Mic patch cable?

Have a look for both the module and mic connectors if you have these I think you would be good to go.

Read through the Kuga thread but I think you will need the the patch cable if not both

• 2 months later...

The loop connector is only present on the new Bluetooth/Voicecontrol wiring. The old wiring did not have a loop connector.

The loop connector is usually pretty hard to find. It should be taped on the interior wiring loom and can not be seen without removing the tape.

The retrofit wiring harness could be a good solution for your problem but in my opinion it is a bit expensive. It would be much cheaper to completely check your cars wiring and modify it if needed.

I retrofitted the complete MK2.5 Sound & Connect system (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB, Ipod an Bluetooth Audio support) into my 2005 MK2. I made all the wiring myself using an interior wiring loom of a Focus MK2.5. At the time I did the retrofit there was almost no information/experience with retrofitting this system. At that time I took the interior wiring loom apart. By reverse engineering I made a schematic drawing of the MK2.5 Bluetooth/voicecontrol wiring.

Bluetoothschema.jpg

Bluetoothmodulepinout.jpg

Hi! I have a Feb'08 ford focus Titanium mk2.5. First I updated my rádio sony to sat nav blaupunkt travelpilot nx and recently i switch my Nokia bt module for the novero one w/ USB. As it's expected in this model there where no sound but for my surprise, the wiring in my car is just like this schemating drawing. Even the colors of the wires are the same. It's supose to working no? Any clue of what is missing here? It's because the travelpilot? Do I need update the SRM configuration?

Regards

• 3 months later...

I have found a bluetooth module block in glovebox & this grey block with a loop i do have a mic as i can feel wire from it & 2 wire block behind maplight.(mine is 2010 titanium)

Connecters behind glovebox

post-39671-140838608616_thumb.jpg

post-39671-140838610683_thumb.jpgpost-39671-140838613903_thumb.jpgpost-39671-140838617831_thumb.jpg

post-39671-140838619478_thumb.jpg

So do i only need module & audio voice stalk?

Btw i had single cd dab sony but upgraded to 6cd dab sony. If it matters.

Yunii

• 1 year later...

This is quite a bump... but hey. I'd like to fit bluetooth, even if it's just the phone side of things. I've got the Sony Gen2 head unit, but it's the early version of the Gen2 and the firmware is 04-something, so pre-dates the fancy USB/A2DP streaming versions, which apparently need to have a firmware starting with 05.

Ideally I'd like the newer version, but I appreciate that it might be tricky. Does anyone know if I could fit one of the newer Sony radios, and flog the old one on eBay? I have an Aux-In, but not anything else. I believe that you can't update the firmware of the radio to be compatible with the newer USB BT modules.

I think I have 2 options:

1) Buy a newer unit off eBay, fit the full USB/BT unit.

I believe that I need the following parts:

BT Module

USB wire (TBH I wouldn't really use this, but I'd want to fit it)

Loom to go from head unit to BT module

Loom + microphone

Gen2 radio with the newer firmware

BT module mounting bracket

+ make some adjustments to the existing loom? I'm not sure about this. I'd be fine with making a few patches, but if it requires pulling loads of wires out etc then that's just a pain.

2) Fit the old system, with just calling, no A2DP or USB

I'll need:

BT Module

Loom to go from head unit to BT module

Loom + microphone

BT module mounting bracket

Am I correct with this?

What part numbers do I need? Ideally I don't want to spend too much if I can help it!

• 4 weeks later...

interesting - am doing, or trying to do, the same to my 2009 Focus Titanium. built 27/03/2009. Single disc MP3 Sony DAB

I only want the bluetooth phone function, not the USB or voice control

Already got a NOS bluetooth module - Novero finis -  1806256 / part number 8M5T-19G488-AM

Looking behind the glovebox, there is NO wiring whatsoever?!!!

Overhead console pic

DSC_3170.jpg

the only grey plug I can see is on the nearside pillar - leads to ligger loom without any plugs

DSC_3360.jpg

The AUX lead wiring has a spare plug wrapped

DSC_3318.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Allen, not very active on here these days but from the first pic I can see the plug that's needed for the microphone. It's the one that has one black and one red and white wire. I's normally held into the light surround with a bit of glue.

I did a guide a while back that might help you complete the install http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/212-retrofit-bluetooth-with-voice-control-and-usb-for-focus-mk25/

On 23/01/2016 at 4:54 PM, tiff said:

interesting - am doing, or trying to do, the same to my 2009 Focus Titanium. built 27/03/2009. Single disc MP3 Sony DAB

I only want the bluetooth phone function, not the USB or voice control

Already got a NOS bluetooth module - Novero finis -  1806256 / part number 8M5T-19G488-AM

Looking behind the glovebox, there is NO wiring whatsoever?!!!

Overhead console pic

DSC_3170.jpg

the only grey plug I can see is on the nearside pillar - leads to ligger loom without any plugs

DSC_3360.jpg

The AUX lead wiring has a spare plug wrapped

DSC_3318.jpg

many thanks - I can't see if I have the other main loom or where the microphone loom splits?

There doesn't seem to be a grey plug behind the glovebox and certainly not  the click-plug, so a little baffled as to where any 'loop' loom goes etc.

Been told my car must it the loom in place but I've search, pulled, taken apart etc and can't find the loom to the bluetooth module.

The main connector for the bluetooth module isn't behind the glovebox but more to the side but you need to remove the glovebox to access it. You wont find it easily because its well hidden inside the gray foam and lots of electrical tape. The audio patch loom is also in the same place and the microphone patch loom is just below.

This video shows it perfectly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8-orODfE4s

mine doesn't have those grey plugs.

I've had glovebox out several times checking and double-checking, there's no grey foam there at all

to note - the AUX wiring goes along the top of the glovebox and straight towards the headunit.

Is the grey plug on the nearside pillar the microphone plug that requires this loop connector?

Assuming that my car clearly doesn't have any bluetooth pre-wiring at all, then it's safe to say that I need the loom - found somewhere that the finis 1429813 is the same and no need to cut wires. And it's cheaper than the 'official' £173 retrofit loom. 

• 8 months later...

Apologies to bump this topic. This is the exact mod I need to do for the wife's focus , but it has the travelpilot FX nav system

- I've found the grey connector behind the glove box and also the loop? Connector there too. 

There is a plug In the interior light surround too. 

Anything ive missed other than the module, usb wiring and stalk needed ?

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG