Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Focus Mk2 Estate

Fastfordman

Hi Everyone I might be new on here but not to the blue oval currently on my 4th ford which is also my 8th car in 9 years as I get bored quickly!

A bit about me and the car.

I have owned four Fords, first was a ka (my first car) plus two mk6 fiestas previously.

I now own a 58 plate mk2 focus estate 1.8 Zetec which I bought four months ago for a bargain price. Car was a 3 year old ex mobility car with full ford service history in mint condition with only 27k on. I use the car for work (I am a quantity surveyor) so I do some miles and it's already covered 6k in 4 months. Not really done much to the car except add a parrot hands free kit and xenon headlight bulbs. I love the car and enjoy driving it (a lot the better than the works vauxhall combo van I drove for two years previously!). Only problem I have had with it is the coil pack went last week but the garage changed it under the warranty they gave me free with the car.

Will post some pics when I get chance and look forward to joing in this great forum.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Some pics after i finally managed to work out how to do it.

Z2.jpgZ3.jpgZ1.jpgZ4.jpg

Cheers, I only went to look at it with no intention of buying a car there and then but as soon as I saw it and for the price they offered it for I snapped their hands off!

That tends to happen to me too. ;)

I see your parrot system poking out from your switch panel, damned useful bits of kit eh?

Cheers, I only went to look at it with no intention of buying a car there and then but as soon as I saw it and for the price they offered it for I snapped their hands off!

Excellent Choice sir.

if you ever get tired of seeing the cable elbow coming out from under the parrot CK3100 i can show you how to route the cable through the rear of the unit so you wont have to look at the cable anymore,

another slight thing you may like to change is the rear indicator bulbs and wind mirror bulbs to silva-tec ones, they are 100% road legal and would get rid of the fried egg apperance from the rear of the car, if it was mine id remove the 1.6 badge from the rear but the others look good some fog light surrounds in DRL form would look sweet too and perhaps a cree Q5 reverse bulb to assist you in parking at night.

Silvatec rear indicator

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Chrome-Indicator-Bulbs-581-offset-stagger-pin-o-/130547579150?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e653df90e

Silvatec Side Indicator

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-501-T10-W5W-SILVER-CHROME-SIDE-Repeaters-Car-Bulbs-Indicator-Lights-/160688592203?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2569c9554b

DRL Fog Surrounds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-FOCUS-Mark3-DRL-Fog-Lamp-Surround-Integrated-LEDs-Daylight-Running-Lights-/320923703331?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab88b1823

Reverse Bulb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-Q5-382-1156-BA15S-LED-REVERSE-BULB-9-5W-450-LUMENS-BRIGHTEST-AVAILABLE-/330720222205?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d00761bfd

you may also be interested in some Gel overlays for your ford badges from DMB Graphics

http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/271/ford-badges-gel-overlays-focus2#colours

That tends to happen to me too. ;)

I see your parrot system poking out from your switch panel, damned useful bits of kit eh?

Yep dead handy as you don't need to connect anything up each time just sit in the car and it works.

Lenny,

I am trying to resist tinkering with the car too much otherwise I'll get carried away and I am supposed to be saving for a house. Will be changing the reversing bulb for a brighter one before the nights get shorter though. I like the badge on the boot as it says 1.8 which it is, so when idiots try to race me in supped up shopping trolleys from the lights they can see what left them behind! The other thing is I take the car to various building sites etc so I have to be able to accept it gets knocks so modding it to much would be unwise, I just like tweaking it to make life better. Anyway it's a big improvement from the vauxhall combo van work gave me before I got this on my own.

The only bit that's strange on the car is both the up and down volume controls have worn off the radio and I've never seen a focus do that before and sometimes the radio screen doesnt come on, so I will be probably swap the radio at some point .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club