Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gc88's Focus

gc88

Liking this alot!

What bulbs did you use? very bright man :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150823319149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 from the 'bay

They are pretty bright, maybe not AS bright as in the picture, but bright enough!!

(and glove box is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110876656287?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 but i think i said that earlier?!)

Also got some nice ones of my sides, looking very blue (despite being white!!)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gc88

• Lenny

• Stoney871

• Paddy H

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a pic of the side lights last night.. looking as blue at the footwell ones!!

focus9.jpg

They are plain LED Bulbs, dont know why they appear so blue!

To make everyone jealous, a photo of my new key cover directly from china! No expense on design has been spared..

keycover.jpg

:)

And for a question - i have a horrid chip / bulge on my bonnet lip as photoed. any ideas on how to remove?

chipinstrip.jpg

cheers guys gals

£150 - no thanks!!

The £25 one looks better..!

Would i be able to sand it down and then paint it black as per the guide? Or will that not sand..?

You could use wrap, not necessarily black.

Cars looking brilliant pal. Great work so far. Im one of the very unfortunate people without footwells so my interior isn't very exciting. Yet.

Im gonna either wrap or spray my chrome strip black!

one word plastidip that way you can paray it not have to sand it and if you want it chrome again just peel it off

Im one of the very unfortunate people without footwells so my interior isn't very exciting. Yet.

Im gonna either wrap or spray my chrome strip black!

purchase a set of these and install mate,

they will fit in to the existing holders just like the ford ones do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-T10-W5W-1210-1206-5050-LED-SMD-Plug-in-Light-Bulb-Extension-Socket-Holder-/170794740187?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c428e9db

You can buy an unpainted bonnet strip from the teamtorquesteer website, think its 20 quid. Then just paint it as it comes primered

Yeah I don't have the footwells :(

Might give those a try Lenny :)

Cheers haz, just had a look, its 35.99 :(

Depending how my fogs comour coding goes, i might try sanding and spraying!

As for plastidip, i imagine it'll just sit on top of the bulge, keeping it there!

News headlights arrived..

Pics to follow!

purchase a set of these and install mate,

they will fit in to the existing holders just like the ford ones do.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c428e9db

Thanks Lenny, i don't think i have any holders at all so these could be a good fix.

You have to do it Paddy, you have to!

Thanks Lenny, i don't think i have any holders at all so these could be a good fix.

You do have the holders mate,

they are metal and part of the frame of the front support beam ;)

7 minutes til I can do the second coat on my fogs.

So impatient.

I don't think i smoothed it down enough, but they are low down so of they are a lil bit rough they'll do! (just gives me a reason not to clean my car as often!)

And the heavens open just after the 3rd coat, so they are now wet and a bit runny.

Grrrrrrreat!

GC make sure you show us the finished effect.

At the moment it looks crap cause the rain go to it but im letting it dry and see what happens anyway.

IMAG0493.jpg

Awaiting drying for clear coat.

They both have little slots in, not sure why! But that bit faces down so cant be seen!

So over the last 3 days I've established I'm no good at spraying and no good with wet and dry.

I went to lightly wet rub the black spray before I put the laqer on, and now its just incredibly scratched.

Will this show after being clear sprayed? I hope not..cause ive sprayed them once!

The best way to spray parts using cans is using the right wet and dry. First you should use 320 grit to get the plastic protector off, 1 or 2 layers of primer. When dry, use between 800 - 1200 grit until smooth, then spray minimum of 3 coats of the colour, not thick coats just enough to cover the surface. Leave to dry then use 1500 or maybe a finer 2500 grit with lots and lots of water until smooth. Apply the clear laquer and leave to dry

That should be it then, might need more laquer but be careful as only a tiny bit too much and it starts to run.

Awesome thanks. Ive done bang on that.

And I used 1200 wet and dey as I had some around, with plenty of water.

3rd and final coat is going on now!

A sneak peak prior to fitting..

IMAG0500.jpg

Panther black fogs

Lovley looking car, do you mind me asking what LED Bulbs did you use to replace interior ones? And are they still going strong?

They look really smart but iv had no end of useless led lights from eBay (sidelights) that fail after a day or so.

Thanks James.

I think its these ones..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004AZT0KW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

(before I used eBay!)

And these for numberplate light and side lights

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=150850417998&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=12304680276

It's only been 2 weeks but going strong...!

Then the bottom ones again but blue for the footwell lights.

How long do I leave the fogs to dry before fitting people? 1 week?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club