Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paddy's Zetec S

Paddy H

Every time I read this thread I feel compelled to start modding my car lol

I always said i wouldn't 'Mod' my car, i class it as 'Styling' and making it less factory standard ha.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paddy H

• Lenny

• .Ryan

• Ash88lfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, the term "Mod" makes us car enthusiasts seem like Max Power readers :/

I think mod was the wrong word lol. I see it more tinkering and improving

I see it as refining.

If it was a Vauxhall(spit) it would be classed as polishing a t#rd. :P

So iv been a little busy and didn't have chance do what i wanted on my car. But i did manage get the odd things done here is what i got done:

MTech 55w bulbs

Rear Silva-tec bulbs

Windows tinted! :wub:

And I got my new keyring!

Whats next?

Colour code or black the bonnet moulding strip (chrome piece)

Fit the side indicator clear bulbs

Buy some sort of brows

Buy sidelights which i haven't yet, any idea's? match my mtech 55's? Im very happy with these at minute.

tint1.jpg

tint2.jpg

tintbigbefore.jpgtintbig.jpg

clusterbefore.jpg

clusterafter.jpg

mtec.jpg

keyring.jpg

I apologise for the poor selection of images, i will however take my car tomorrow for a proper few good pictures, and even the lights at their full potential.

Looking good mate, tints are a great shout too.

I'd lose the badges at the rear! :)

I am debating it. What does everyone else think? Il probably do this near the end when iv fired the number plate bulbs, second rear reverse light and other bits.

Tint works well I'm happy.

looking good mate would be well pleased so far

Looks good buddy!

First thing I did was de badge! Easiest and best thing I did!

Loving how it looks! It's such a good shade of blue too!

I eagerly await night shots..!

Yea, night shots night shots!!!

I don't know how well my iPhone will cope but i guess i might venture out and try do the night shots.

Your new sig pic is awesome!!! They the Mtec's 55w?!?!

Your new sig pic is awesome!!! They the Mtec's 55w?!?!

Yeah the nights shots were epic fail, My camera didn't cope well at all with the resolution too well and when i went to take a picture of the lights it was too bright but the night / area wasn't dark enough to show them off at distance... If that makes sense?

One thing i will say about these MTech 55's, when sitting behind them in the driving seat or looking next to them they don't look like they light up anything more than the floor in front of you if that makes sense, BUT when your driving any theres no other car in front,m you can see the reflection on road signs / direction signs pretty damn far. They are bright.

While I'm here guys, What setting should my lights be on? As in main beam what number should they be adjusted on?

night3.jpg

night2.jpg

night4.jpg

night1.jpg

I have my number plate / side indicator and cree bulbs coming this month / next. Its slowly getting there... Slowly

Fit.

Asin what number on the dial next to tr indicator?

I think 0, depends on how much weight you have in the back! its all written in the manual!

Fit.

Asin what number on the dial next to tr indicator?

I think 0, depends on how much weight you have in the back! its all written in the manual!

Yeah the dial, because i let my nephew on my knee and pretend to drive as you do however he started playing with everything...so i launched him out. But i think my lights could well be set wrong as in the dial.

Il try look in bit.

Yeah the dial, because i let my nephew on my knee and pretend to drive as you do however he started playing with everything...so i launched him out. But i think my lights could well be set wrong as in the dial.

Il try look in bit.

the car looks excellent mate,

you will need to get your headlights aligned after fitting new bulbs but if you have more bulbs on the way to fit in to the headlight, your better to wait until you fit them then bring the car to your local garage or tyre fitting place for headlight alignment, this will see your bulbs put to their optimim use and facing in the right directions.

One thing i will say about these MTech 55's, when sitting behind them in the driving seat or looking next to them they don't look like they light up anything more than the floor in front of you if that makes sense, BUT when your driving any theres no other car in front,m you can see the reflection on road signs / direction signs pretty damn far. They are bright.

I found this with the MTech's, your not alone (got my 55w coming next week).

you will need to get your headlights aligned after fitting new bulbs but if you have more bulbs on the way to fit in to the headlight, your better to wait until you fit them then bring the car to your local garage or tyre fitting place for headlight alignment, this will see your bulbs put to their optimim use and facing in the right directions.

Do places like Kwik Fit do this kind of thing? Can't see it on their website, and out of interest how do they do it?

I definitely feel they're not at correct position now so il do that when i get the underneath of my car looked at..... Yes today is a VERY sad day for me, After kindly and swiftly pulling over out of the road for this ambulance i went over a bump just over a brow. My car made a scrape sound and my heart stopped. I got out and looked under and theres some sort of plastic hanging off. Im not sure where its come from but its hanging. doesn't look like massive drama's and drove fine, however this piece of plastic which connects onto a bit from behind the bonnet is now lose.

So not only will i be going the garage for my headlights il be getting this looked at. :(

Small bit of good news, my scuff plates came today, look nice...

scuff_before.jpg

scuff_after.jpg

scuffrear.jpg

what happend to the rear one?? i found the rear ones dont match the curve to well either... but tryed to make sure that the crease in the sill and the plates lined up...

looking good

Liking them alot mate, you got any links for the seller?

what happend to the rear one?? i found the rear ones dont match the curve to well either... but tryed to make sure that the crease in the sill and the plates lined up...

looking good

I had to get your topic up on my phone because i thought i was being a !Removed!, and when i was lining it up it kept scratching my the car so i got angry. I lowered them more so they are close to door hinge, The picture isn't doing any justice for you but i i lined it up best i could then was like arh just press down. They rant completely straight the back but you can hardly notice when in car and looking. If i push with lots of pressure you can hear it clicking.. But no biggie, they look good.

Heres the link Rh1no, Alky passed it on to me...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221042697028?ssPageName=STRK:ME…

Extremely easy fit, but hard to line and match up rear.

Do places like Kwik Fit do this kind of thing? Can't see it on their website, and out of interest how do they do it?

im pretty sure they do mate,

they have a trolley like you would see in a hospital holding a drip bag,

but this one has measurements printed on it and a T bar for them to put the bar across the front of the car,

then set the bar to the measured level.

following this they set your headlight level wheel to zero,

open the bonnet and adjust the headlight level on each unit to shine on to the cross bar,

the machine will measure the level of light from each headlight so they know when the bulbs are aligned to their optimum beam at the correct level and not facing too much downwards or upwards.

it is recommended that you align your headlights every time you change the bulbs.

and when changing a headlight bulb you always change them in pairs.

looking better everday this mate good work keep us updated!

So iv been a little busy and didn't have chance do what i wanted on my car. But i did manage get the odd things done here is what i got done:

MTech 55w Bulbs

Rear Silva-tec bulbs

Windows tinted! :wub:

And I got my new keyring!

Whats next?

Colour code or black the bonnet moulding strip (chrome piece)

Fit the side indicator clear bulbs

Buy some sort of brows

Buy sidelights which i haven't yet, any idea's? match my mtech 55's? Im very happy with these at minute.

tintbigbefore.jpg

Car looks excellent mate,

i really need to purchase some blck headlight units to replace the silvver ones,

i reckon the black looks way better, and what level of tint is on the rears?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club