Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka Convertible Hood Lid Problem

guzzy1962

Can anyone out there help please, I cannot open roof storage lid on my daughters KA Convertible, normally I would press the button on the driver’s side door frame and that would open the lid to store the roof, but now when I press that button it does not open.

I can open the lid manually from inside the boot, so mechanically everything works, but if you store the roof it blocks access to the mechanism, so you can't open the lid to get the roof back up.

I think it’s either the switch itself or the switch mounted under the lid which moves the locking mechanism (see attachment).

Anyone else had the same issue or knows how to fix the problem?

post-33915-0-49144600-1340887029_thumb.j

• Like 1

I've not had any experience with the Ka but it's likely to be either the actuator (motor), or as you said the switches.

Are you able to test if any power reaches the actuator when the button is pressed?

I will borrow a multimetre from work on the weekend and check it out. Thanks

Is the cable plugged into the socket on the tonneau cover release? This need to be disconnected when putting on the hard top to prevent the switch behind the driver's seat from working.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Just wanted to know if you got this sorted as my KA has done the same! Thanks

• 4 years later...

I've had my second hand 2003 Street KA Luxury for 2 weeks and have operated the convertible hood several times. Now can't lift the lid to store the roof. Any help would be greatly appreciated while we still have the weather =o)

Get a multimeter and check if the motor in the boot is getting a voltage when you press the red button on the rear of the drivers door.

It can be the switch with rain ingress or the actuator motor or perhaps a fuse. 

Is there more than one thing that isnt working in the car - if so its likely a fuse blown due to the actuator motor sucking to much leccie cos its jammed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club