Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MANUALS

mistybing

HI DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A FREE MANUAL FOR MY FORD FOCUS DIESEL ESTATE 1.8 (200) MODEL ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS :rolleyes:

What do you need it for?

The manuals generally don't tell you anything over and above common sense. I've had my Focus nearly five years - I don't have a manual and never had any problems that I couldn't work out for myself, or by asking on Focus forums.

What do you need it for?

The manuals generally don't tell you anything over and above common sense. I've had my Focus nearly five years - I don't have a manual and never had any problems that I couldn't work out for myself, or by asking on Focus forums.

MY FIRST POST SHOULD HAVE SAID 2000 NOT 200 MEANING A W REG WANTED A MANUAL BECAUSE I HAVE A SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM ONE OF THE PULLEYS

MY FIRST POST SHOULD HAVE SAID 2000 NOT 200 MEANING A W REG WANTED A MANUAL BECAUSE I HAVE A SQUEAKING NOISE COMING FROM ONE OF THE PULLEYS
Probably just the auxilary belt - not uncommon and nothing to worry about. The manual wouldn't have told you this anyway AFAIK.

Is it noticably worse in cold/damp weather?

Probably just the auxilary belt - not uncommon and nothing to worry about. The manual wouldn't have told you this anyway AFAIK.

Is it noticably worse in cold/damp weather?

NO ITS THE SAME ALL THE TIME IT ALSO MAKES A FUNNY WHIRRING NOISE EVERYTIME YOU START IT UP

Probably just the auxilary belt - not uncommon and nothing to worry about.

not uncommon for the belt to come off or snap and get tangled in the timing belt. i would get the belt sorted as soon as. if it gets tangled in the timing belt your looking at a hefty price to repair.

sounds like you either have shiny pulleys(cant think of a better description), worn belt or lack of tension on the belt

not uncommon for the belt to come off or snap and get tangled in the timing belt. i would get the belt sorted as soon as. if it gets tangled in the timing belt your looking at a hefty price to repair.

sounds like you either have shiny pulleys(cant think of a better description), worn belt or lack of tension on the belt

Actually its very uncommon for the belt to come off. For it to come off it would have to be so loose it wouldnt be running anything. However I do agree they can snap. The whirring is probably your alternator on its way out which would explain why the belts squealing all the time even in summer. As Whelk says most older focis do it, but it doesnt happen in summer.

Actually its very uncommon for the belt to come off. For it to come off it would have to be so loose it wouldnt be running anything. However I do agree they can snap. The whirring is probably your alternator on its way out which would explain why the belts squealing all the time even in summer. As Whelk says most older focis do it, but it doesnt happen in summer.

poor tension or a faulty tensioner can easily cause the belt to come off, heard of it many times on a good number of cars. also had it happen to me previously on another car.

That maybe so but the focus has a V shaped belt, it'd have to be VERY loose to get off the pulleys mate.

and so do the other cars i know about lol. run out on the tensioner caused by wear can be a cause of it and doesnt neccessarily need to be loose.

when it came off on my old car, it was a belt with a similar width to the focus one, i lost a number of belts due to the tensioner running out slightly. it was putting more pressure on one side of the belt and forcing them off eventually. it took a long time to work out the cause as each belt stayed on for a good time after replacement.

but to keep the thread on subject, lets not argue about a belt lol.

as for a manual, i doubt you will get any free ones online, the haynes manual isnt bad for the focus, contains alot of the torque settings which are always useful etc... think they are around £15?

Well technically we were on topic, his threads about a squeeling noise ie a belt!!!

I wouldnt waste my money on a Haynes these days. Inaccurate and give rubbish details. They wont tell you what the squeak is either. However, do what I did when mine (also a 2000TDDi Estate) got on my nerves this week. Go and ask a mechanic :D

Well technically we were on topic, his threads about a squeeling noise ie a belt!!!

I wouldnt waste my money on a Haynes these days. Inaccurate and give rubbish details. They wont tell you what the squeak is either. However, do what I did when mine (also a 2000TDDi Estate) got on my nerves this week. Go and ask a mechanic :D

got to disagree about the haynes manual, every time i have referred to it for something its helped me out. I used it the other week when doing a clutch cylinder, very helpful indeed tbh. i had to reffer to the haynes for wiring diagrams when fitting a start button to my car, i managed to do the job in 15 mins after i had drilled the hole for the switch.

Im in regular contact with a few mechanics and i will admit that where i get most of my knowledge from.

maybe haynes are a hit or a miss but i personally have had no issues with them.

You know what you have your opinion I have mine, shall we leave it at that. This !Removed! waving is getting very dull.

I will just say if you get most of your knowledge from a haynes manual why you posting asking for bleed nipple sizes on the forum. That IS one thing I know is in the Haynes :)

You know what you have your opinion I have mine, shall we leave it at that. This !Removed! waving is getting very dull.

I will just say if you get most of your knowledge from a haynes manual why you posting asking for bleed nipple sizes on the forum. That IS one thing I know is in the Haynes :)

well if it is, its the first of me knowing because i certainly cant find it. there is nothing in the section on bleeding, changing pads/discs or in any of the specifications.

I agree with the comments about Haynes manuals being rubbish. They don't go into nearly enough detail most of the time.

I.e. when they tell you to "remove <whatever>" with a picture of a pair of hands holding aforementioned <whatever>. They don't actually mention the fact that "removing <whatever>" is not possible by hand. It generally involves a stanley knife, a small flat screwdriver, a large flat screwdriver, a hammer, a bent paperclip, three different sized pairs of pliers, a trip to A&E and a copy of the Viz Profanisaurus, plus the number for Ford Parts so you can order a new <whatever> as you just destroyed the old one by "removing" it.

No, they don't mention any of that.

HI DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD A FREE MANUAL FOR MY FORD FOCUS DIESEL ESTATE 1.8 (200) MODEL ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS :rolleyes:

Misty

Did you get sorted with your problem?

If not I have a copy of the FORD TIS on disc, (Fords workshop manual for all Fords)

This gives detailed descriptions and diagrams on everything ford related. Ive got a MKI focus and have used it several times to replace discs / pads, elec window etc.

Misty

Did you get sorted with your problem?

If not I have a copy of the FORD TIS on disc, (Fords workshop manual for all Fords)

This gives detailed descriptions and diagrams on everything ford related. Ive got a MKI focus and have used it several times to replace discs / pads, elec window etc.

Dont suppose you have one of them for the Mk2 have you??

Dont suppose you have one of them for the Mk2 have you??

Most of the copies of TIS (which I add is illegal to own if you are not a authorised user) are the 2003 version which of course doesnt cover the Mk2