Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remap What's The Catch

Drich290195

as long as the car is sound mechanically to start with and you do maintenance it will likely be fine the gearbox etc can handle more power than it does and provided the engines well maintained there shouldnt be any head gasket issues

So how is it you get the copy of your cars map to send ? 😖

You plug the unit into the cars data port and it uploads a copy then you transfer it to your computer and email it to superchips then they monkey with it and send it back.

• Haha 1

next time I will probably buy a diesel so that I can get a lot more performance from chips, does it wear other components any more? Like clutch?

Hi, or get a focus with a 1.6 ecoboost engine in it, it has a turbo and direct injection you will get similar gains to a diesel...

Chris

• 5 years later...
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2012 at 12:41 AM, suddste said:

yes it is....only a 7BHP increase, though

Elite remaps tuning options menu says you can see 25hp and 20Nm increase on the 1.6 Ti VCT lump but being n/a I'm not so sure (early xmas pressie for the old man if it's true - haha)

*Sorry for digging this up after 5yrs 

4 hours ago, focus-dave said:

Elite remaps tuning options menu says you can see 25hp and 20Nm increase on the 1.6 Ti VCT lump but being n/a I'm not so sure (early xmas pressie for the old man if it's true - haha)

*Sorry for digging this up after 5yrs 

That DOES seem rather optimistic for a N/A engine TBH.

• Haha 1