mk6 fiesta owner

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name: matty
  • Ford Model: Mk6 Fiesta Ghia 1.6 16v duratec 115 bhp
  • Year: 2002

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

hi can anyone help i got a set of alloys today for my ford fiesta mk6

the alloys i got are ford 16" alloys tyre size 205/50 r 16 91w this is a link for the pic of the alloys i got today http://tinypic.com/r/2871wlg/6

just wondering if they would fit my car ok or do i need spacers. the fiesta user manual i have don't show them tyre sizes ones they do show are 195/45 r 16

do you think i could put that size of tyres on the rims or do they have to be the same size already on the alloys

i just wanted to upgrade my standard ghia alloys as there only 14" and think my car would look better with the 16"

i think ive covered everythink

so if anyone could give me advice would be grateful

thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,981 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

hi can anyone help i got a set of alloys today for my ford fiesta mk6

the alloys i got are ford 16" alloys tyre size 205/50 r 16 91w this is a link for the pic of the alloys i got today http://tinypic.com/r/2871wlg/6

just wondering if they would fit my car ok or do i need spacers. the fiesta user manual i have don't show them tyre sizes ones they do show are 195/45 r 16

do you think i could put that size of tyres on the rims or do they have to be the same size already on the alloys

i just wanted to upgrade my standard ghia alloys as there only 14" and think my car would look better with the 16"

i think ive covered everythink

so if anyone could give me advice would be grateful

thanks

Hi mate,
they alloys and tyres will fit fine but the may rub the inside of the front wheel arches when you have the steering on full lock.
but this will only occour if you are parking in a tight space where you would need to turn the wheel all the way in one direction,
this may occour due to the thicker 50mm rim but then again you could be fine.

you will notice a smoother ride though due to the thicker sidewall on the tyres. and the alloys will look good on the mk6 mate.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users