Diy Service On A 06 Focus
Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:07 PM
First timer on forum.
Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:02 PM
Simple description to complete:
1) loosen nuts, and jack the car - remove the wheel
2) look at the rear of the caliper, and undo the nuts
3) straighten your wire coat hanger, then bend it to an S shape, hook one end over the suspension coil
4) pop the bonnet, and take the cover off the brake fluid
5) put the G clamp over the calper and press the pads in together, then just pull the caliper off
6) hook the other end of your hanger into the caliper so that it dangles by the hanger, and does not apply ANY pressure or stretching to the brake line
7) replace pads and apply copper grease to the contact points of brake pads and caliper
8) reinstall caliper with new pads, and then install the rest in reverse order
as for the service, check the schedule, for the most part its review / replace the clutch / brake / oil / coolant fluids as necessary, most of which have a drain tap which can be found by looking in the haynes manual.
Replace the air filter, and fuel filter and then that is pretty much it!
I hope this is of some help to you, and if you need anything further, let me know, as I remember changing my pads fairly well, even if it was over a year ago
by the way, stick around in the forums, its a great place, and feel free to post pics of your car up
Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:32 AM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:23 PM
Also be careful when you push the piston back in. its recommended that you clamp the appropriate brake hose, and open the bleed nipple, when pushing the piston back, so you dont damage the master cylinder seals. Never seen it happen myself, until last time I replaced the brake pads, thought I had done it, until it transpired one of the rear bleed nipples was faulty..... i would buy yourself a haynes manual, they are invaluble....... good luck.
Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:57 AM
Thanks again to you all.
Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:10 PM
Let us know how it goes!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users