Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Rattle

milla020

hello, I have noticed the drivers side speak has started to make a rattling noise. There is nothing in the side pocket, any ideas how to fix this?

I'd be interested in knowing too, considering making Ford look at it, ruins music.

This is happening to me aswell! But on the passenger side! It is !Removed! annoying! I hope it's not the speaker! I may go to ford soon to see if they can fix it!

James

2011 Fiesta Titanium 1.4

Mines the same

Im going to take it into ford next week and will let you guys know.

Hi all. I had this problem And i have gone to ford 1st and then said can't here anything and it sounded fine to them! Typical ford!! I like my music loud so i had to do something about it.

So i took the door cards off (or what ever its called). and its held on by some small nasty plastic clips and there is a cup type thing inside that i guess it meant the cards from being pushed in. So i pulled the cups off and got some car cleaning sponges (4 for each door) and glued them to the inside of the card. put it all back and it worked a treat, no more rattle and i can turn it up much louder!

Now its just the crap Speakers letting it down!

i took pictures but can't find them, hope this helps!

As Jack said, the most likely cause is the door trim panel vibrating against the inner plastic shield that the speaker, window mechanism etc is mounted to. When I replaced my Speakers I stuck sound absorbing foam sheet to the backs of the trim panels, and added rubber sound deadener pieces to the flat areas of the panel. I also stuffed some polyester wadding in the voids in the trim panel where the arm rest is. The new Speakers are on much more stable ply rings rather than the flimsy original plastic mounts. Finally I stuck some sound deadener to the metal skin of the door (though the speaker hole). The result is no rattle at all. If you take the door trim panel off, also check the wiring is all clipped in place as the connectors would rattle around if loose.

See this earlier post of mine http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/14855-new-fiesta-titanium-td16-speaker-vibrates/page__p__94716#entry94716

Hi all. I had this problem And i have gone to ford 1st and then said can't here anything and it sounded fine to them! Typical ford!! I like my music loud so i had to do something about it.

So i took the door cards off (or what ever its called). and its held on by some small nasty plastic clips and there is a cup type thing inside that i guess it meant the cards from being pushed in. So i pulled the cups off and got some car cleaning sponges (4 for each door) and glued them to the inside of the card. put it all back and it worked a treat, no more rattle and i can turn it up much louder!

Now its just the crap speakers letting it down!

i took pictures but can't find them, hope this helps!

Awesome cheers dude will have to do this!

I went into ford and they said that rattles are not covered on their warranty and will have to pay to which I did not agree with

Edited by iNath
Removed swearing

thats weird they said it wasnt covered, mine is in its 3rd year and they replaced my rear speaker because it was rattling, its been replace and it still rattling noe the front ones are rattling too. need to upgrade them, there not all that goo tbh

Lol at iNath's editing on James' post.

I went to Ford, they said rattles aren't covered to me as well.

My car is booked in for tomorrow so i will let you lot know what they say.

It may be a silly question but how do you remove the door panel? If ford try to charge me i will probably try to fix the rattle myself.

Thanks in advance

My car is booked in for tomorrow so i will let you lot know what they say.

It may be a silly question but how do you remove the door panel? If ford try to charge me i will probably try to fix the rattle myself.

Thanks in advance

Does my video help? :)

Does my video help? :)

Hi Nath, Thanks for the link mate! if Ford try to charge me tomorrow i shall probably be trying to sort it myself. Ive only had the car since november and i am already having minor issues with it

Just got my car back from Ford. They said the rattle was because a 1p piece had somehow fallen behind the door trim causing a rattle. On the drive back it seemed fine so hopefully that was the problem.

They have said that i need replacement front wipers, anyone know any good ones? and the near side water jet needs cleaning and adjusting? is that something i can do myself?

Thanks

For Wiper Blades I always go either Ford official ones or Bosch.

Washer nozzle is easy enough to clean and re-aim, just use a pin.

It may be the perfect time to change them for mister nozzles.

For wiper blades I always go either Ford official ones or Bosch.

Washer nozzle is easy enough to clean and re-aim, just use a pin.

It may be the perfect time to change them for mister nozzles.

Hi stoney, thanks for the reply. I have heard about the mister nozzles but havent a clue how to fit them.

Hi stoney, thanks for the reply. I have heard about the mister nozzles but havent a clue how to fit them.

5 minute job, old ones pop out, new ones pop in, simples.

Only thing before you buy some, check whether you have heated nozzles or not.

Easy to tell as there will be wires attached to the nozzle base.

5 minute job, old ones pop out, new ones pop in, simples.

Only thing before you buy some, check whether you have heated nozzles or not.

Easy to tell as there will be wires attached to the nozzle base.

Do you know where i can buy these nozzles?

Do you know where i can buy these nozzles?

Any Ford dealer.