Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello! - A Few Questions From A New Owner Of A Fiesta!

Ray Robbins

Hey :) I've recently treated myself to a lovely new Fiesta, This will be the first car I've ever bought. in fact the build date of it is tomorrow, and I must admit, I cannot wait to get out of the 13 year old Corsa I'm running at the moment and into something shiny!

I do have a few queries though for when it arrives...

1) I've ordered the Zetec, 1.4l petrol in Frozen White, but will it have a Zetec badge on it? I've seen loads of Feista's that are supposedly Zetec models that don't have them?

2) I also went for some upgrades in the car, Went for the full Sony head unit + DAB radio, the 16" alloys, and the Auto Headlamps and Wipers. As they're not standard for the model, but still will be delivered to me in the car direct from the factory, will I need to highlight these as modifications? Working as a Motor Claims Negotiator I should really know this, but no one at work seems to know, its a very gray area... as technically the car is modded, but its still brand new from the factory.

3) I really want to get something like http://www.powerbulbs.com/store/category/philips-blue-vision-ultra-xenon-hid-effect-headlight-bulbs when it arrives, as I'm not a fan of the "yellowy" headlamps that are standard these days, I'd like something with some power. As they're just the bulbs, would these need to be reported to my insurer as a mod also?

Many thanks, and I look forward to browsing the forum :)

1)It should do

2)as they are factory fitted I would say they are not modifications and do not need to be declared

3)and I don't think so I would ask your insurer

Out of interest why didn't you get a Titanium - it has the 16" alloys, Sony head unit, auto lights and wipers and the 1.4 engine as standard?

It might be a good idea to your question 2 by your insurer. Most probably won't care but one or two might be extra picky as they aren't standard fit for the model.

On question 3 you don't need to inform your insurer, as long as you keep the same bulb fitment and wattage.

i got a new fiesta last october 2011 iwas told ford do not put badges on anymore so i asked for one in my deal aswell as mats

1. I would have thought it would, however I don't know for sure.

2. Yes, always best to say. My old insurance provider Admiral did (and charged for each of them) however my new insurance provider Direct Line wanted to know but as they were factory fitted they were free. Plus this ensures that they replace it like for like now..

3. As colin said, if it's just a replacement in terms of not changing anything but the colour it shouldn't matter. I would go as far as changing the bulbs to whatever ones you find, but not a HID conversion, as that is an MOT failure and something that could come back to bite you. Either way, I've never heard an insurance provider not pay due to different bulbs.

i got a new fiesta last october 2011 iwas told ford do not put badges on anymore so i asked for one in my deal aswell as mats

Got a badge on mine. Built in November 2011 and collected by me in January this year.

Hey, Thanks for all of your replies. I'm with Admiral (Even though I work for Ageas, the staff discount still wouldn't bring me down anywhere near a realistic number :( ) so I think I best talk them through what I've got added.

As for not going for the titanium, I would have done, but I can't stand the privacy glass in the back. I've driven my fathers focus thats got the rear tints, and it's just horrible to try and reverse in, I find. An option was to delete the privacy glass from the Titanium, but sadly they can't do this any more :/

Yeah, I got offered mats, but nothing regarding a badge, It started production today so hopefully, It will only be a couple of weeks until it arrives :)

Regarding a badge, if it does happen not to turn up with a badge, can just buy one of eBay as well:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-fiesta-focus-ZETEC-tailgate-badge-/190695778761?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c665aa9c9

Or I'm sure the garage would get one for you.

Either way, hope you enjoy the car!

Im really looking forward to getting it! Hopefully by now building is underway and im a step closer to a shiny new car. I'm thinking I might have to take some pictures of the various modifications and changes I make to the car. I'd really like some of the stainless steel sills for the edge of the footwell come to think of it. We got sent round a copy of the guide our Underwriters use to load policies earlier today... and safe to say I need to choose what I modify very very carefully....The loading on some things is insane

A few sneaky leaked lists would go down well for the serious modders here. ;)

Hahah, I value my job far too much for that :P Sorry

Hahah, I value my job far too much for that :P Sorry

Spoilsport, :P

Worth an ask though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club