• 108 posts
  • Name: Philip
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Morning all.
Hoping you can help with a couple of queries:-

I have an 11 plate, Mk 7 or whatever it is - the plastic silver cover between the hazard warning and the aircon controls - is that anything useful? I’ve prodded, poked and hit it but it doesn’t open, lol. Is it a secret compartment or just a blanking plate/cover?

Secondly, I’ve been having a few calamities relating to a gadget with an external GPs receiver. I’ve got it working, hidden the cable and the GPS receiver module in the little passenger side a-pillar window. I've heard Ford usually mounts GPS modules inside the mirror casing which makes me wonder if I can do the same. Two things really: has anyone done this, know if it'll work or have any general advice. And if so has anyone got a snap or info on how to take the mirror cover/housing off?

Ta,
Phil.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta zetec s
  • Year: 2009

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

The plastic cover below the hazard lights button is just a blank over a compartment it doesn't open I have seen it where people have broken it open and fitted a hinge and latch to it to turn it into a useful compartment

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users