Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi all,

Not sure if anybody has noticed, but Ford have placed the new Fiesta ST on their site. It dont give much away but there are some nice images and a small amount of info about what the Fiesta will have.

You can also sign up to be kept informed by Ford for when the ST is released in 2013 :)

http://www.ford.co.u...icles/Fiesta-ST

From what i can notice, the ST will be given a 6 speed gear box, about time!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

That does look amazing & the specs are nice to but you know it's going to be like 20k for a fiesta. I don't think I could ever justify spending it. You could buy so much more car else where for that kind of money

#3 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS
  • Year: 2013

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

That does look amazing & the specs are nice to but you know it's going to be like £20k for a fiesta. I don't think I could ever justify spending it. You could buy so much more car else where for that kind of money

Have Ford actually announced any pricing for the Fiesta ST yet?

I struggle to believe that the list price will be £20k when the Focus ST is starting at £21995... Considerably undercutting the Astra VXR.

I see the Fiesta ST beaing priced competitively against the Corsa VXR, so probably in the region of £18k.

Of course, give it a few months after launch and there will always be room for negotiation...

#4 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

No what I was aiming at is a Fiesta Metal Has a rrp of 16k so obviously they're going to charge more for this and I don't see it only being 2k more

#5 Dave-2912

Dave-2912

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Mk7.5 Fiesta ZS

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

No what I was aiming at is a Fiesta Metal Has a rrp of £16k so obviously they're going to charge more for this and I don't see it only being £2k more

I'm not so sure... Focus Zetec-S is only £2800 less than the Focus ST.

#6 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Even so 18500 is a lot of money for a Fiesta "hot hatch" that isnt even that hot, whereas the corsa is significantly faster and not much more expensive. The ST fiestas have always had a could do better attitude in my eyes. They have the potential to be something special yet Ford underpower them and charge over the odds for it

#7 ST11 MCC

ST11 MCC

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Name: stuart
  • Ford Model: s1600
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

thinking the same as marcr1 dont see the point in paying even 18k for a fiesta when as you say you can get so much more car elsewhere. but if they give me a good price for my s1600 then who knows lol. but as it stands what ever the price its gonna be to much for a fiesta

#8 Bladerunner

Bladerunner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci 5 door

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

I notice that the st has a central armrest unit, it looks quite garish with the red seats and if it is aproaching 20 thousand pounds its far too much, bet its nearer 17.

#9 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

thinking the same as marcr1 dont see the point in paying even 18k for a fiesta when as you say you can get so much more car elsewhere. but if they give me a good price for my s1600 then who knows lol. but as it stands what ever the price its gonna be to much for a fiesta

I agree! It's a good looking car but I'd rather spend the extra 3k ish or whatever it would be and get a focus ST would feel like much more car for your money and it's a properly fast!

#10 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Even so £18500 is a lot of money for a Fiesta "hot hatch" that isnt even that hot, whereas the corsa is significantly faster and not much more expensive. The ST fiestas have always had a could do better attitude in my eyes. They have the potential to be something special yet Ford underpower them and charge over the odds for it

I don't really call 0-60 in 6.9 seconds "slow" The corsa VXR does it in 6.8 seconds, so it's only 0.1 seconds faster. Also take a look at the co2 ratings when compared:

Fiesta ST - 139 co2
Corsa VXR 192PS - 172 co2

The fieata will sneek into band E which is only £120 a year, Corsa pops into band H at £195 a year!

I'd say Ford would price it at around £17,995 which would be about right.

#11 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

I just used a corsa as an example. It's still 12 more bhp and has a turbo. There's a lot of nice hot hatches around in the same price frame. Seat Ibiza bocanegra, Renault clio 200, mini cooper S, Abarth 500 & punto. But yes we can't all comment until they release the prices

#12 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,591 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

I spy armrest (mentioned above), cruise control, climate control, ambient lighting & better positioned window switches - all very good :)

#13 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,933 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

I just used a corsa as an example. It's still 12 more bhp and has a turbo. There's a lot of nice hot hatches around in the same price frame. Seat Ibiza bocanegra, Renault clio 200, mini cooper S, Abarth 500 & punto. But yes we can't all comment until they release the prices

The ST will have a turbo to get that much power out of a 1.6. everyone is at this game of small engine with a big horse power now

#14 Bladerunner

Bladerunner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci 5 door

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Whilst not wanting to put down a good looking version of the Fiesta and the probable performance it will no doubt have, in my opinion you only get a real shove in gear at 'normal' driving speeds from a well sorted td.
I can well remember my first test drive of the td Skoda Fabia vrs, now that felt pretty brisk much faster than the figures given, also had a test drive in the latest dsg fabia vrs which felt too fast for the size of the car, a real scorcher.
Getting back to the st , no doubt it will sell as fast as they can make it, as you get a bit older you realise that 0 to 62 mph is not what counts its the complete package of road holding, stopping power and in gear go etc.
I can well remember the droop snoot rs 2000 with a mate getting one.
Any how thats my views for what its worth, and yes I am a perol head at heart( but own 2 diesels) and for my recent 'big ' birthday was fortunate to drive several supercars at 3 sisters race track Wigan, the best being a Lamborghini Gallardo- now that was flipping fast.

#15 Ross M

Ross M

Ross ST

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Name: Ross
  • Ford Model: ST2

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Not keen on that front grille :unsure: just my 2pence worth ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users