• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Ford Ka
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help, my 06 reg KA has been blowing out hot air no matter what temperature the temperature dial is set to. It is a nightmare on the rare hot days we have :-)

I have used a multimeter on the plug going to the heater control valve, I got different readings depending on where the dial was set to, including a pulsing for mid-range. This prompted me to go out and get a new OEM heater control valve thinking that was the part that was faulty. I have replaced the valve and once the engine heats up I am still getting hot air no matter where the dial is.

Can anyone shed any light on where the problem may be?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,552 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Sounds like the replacement HCV is faulty. If you are getting changing voltages between 0 and 12v when you turn the dial between hot and cold, it can only be the HCV or the connection to it.

I would take it out and see if you can get the solenoid work. When set to cold it should be closed and the voltage should be circa 12v . Hot it will be open and at 0 volts.

#3 Kevee

Kevee

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Ford Ka
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Thanks, it is good to know I am not going mad by thinking that the panel was working by sending the varying voltages. Maybe I should take it out and replace with a genuine ford one and try and get my money back.

#4 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,552 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

After market ones do have a habit of failing. The Ford one is only about £40 anyway.

Good luck with it.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users