#1 t_lex

t_lex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Alexander
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec TDCi 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've noticed a lot of threads on the forums about installing DRL units, either using DRL relay units to modify the dipped beam or by installing separate LED arrays. What I'm wondering though is whether it is possible (generally) to simply rewire the sidelights to act like DRLs (that is, on when the engine is running, off otherwise).

Thanks!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,055 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I've noticed a lot of threads on the forums about installing DRL units, either using DRL relay units to modify the dipped beam or by installing separate LED arrays. What I'm wondering though is whether it is possible (generally) to simply rewire the sidelights to act like DRLs (that is, on when the engine is running, off otherwise).

Thanks!

Hi,
welcome to the forum, i think this can be done by inserting a fuse in to a specific socket in the interiro fuse board, but im not 100% sure what one it os, hopfully others can advise soon, bit the fog light surround drls are a top class modification cost less than £90 and very easy to fit following preee's guide.

#3 t_lex

t_lex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Alexander
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec TDCi 1.6
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hi,
welcome to the forum, i think this can be done by inserting a fuse in to a specific socket in the interiro fuse board, but im not 100% sure what one it os, hopfully others can advise soon, bit the fog light surround drls are a top class modification cost less than £90 and very easy to fit following preee's guide.

Hi Lenny,
Thanks for your reply. I've heard a couple of rumours about the DRL fuses too, but nothing concrete. As far as my Google searching goes, nobody seems to have really tried it. Hopefully someone here will be able to provide some insight.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users