Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Again Regarding Tyre Weight And Speed Figures Please.

Ash88lfc

As a recent post i done im still after tyres for my car.

I did ask in my last post but need it more clear please. I have tyres now of 235 45 17 93v on but.... Ive got a couple of tyres im getting which are 235 45 17 94w.. WILL the 94w (weight/speed) matter? also seen some with like 97y...

Can anybody help please expert of up on tyres with this. need get them before i get a couple of points or more. Thanks guys & girls :)

Speed Rating Mile/Hour Kilometers/Hour Speed Rating Miles/Hour Kilometers/Hour N 87 140 U 124 200 P 93 150 H 130 210 Q 99 160 V 149 240 R 106 170 Z 150+ 240+ S 112 180 W 168 270 T 118 190 Y 186 300

thats the speed ratings and you should note this It is very important that you check your speed rating before buying your tyres. Choosing a tyre with a lower speed rating could invalidate your insurance. For further information call 0845 620 2000.call the number and these guys will tell you they know there stuff

cheers mate. needed the info.

choosing a tyre with a lower speed rating wont invalidate your insurance, only if you exceeded the speed limit for the tyre.. but lets be honest, this isnt going to happen. im sure this used to be a thing with motorbike tyres years ago? insurance companies trying to get out of paying but there is nothing illegal about it

make sure you get the correct load rating and if neccessary XL or reinforced (heavier diesels usually have these)

thats from the experts stef not my words apparently in a colission where the police are involved the ratings are noted if they are less than what was specified they are illegal even worse if the accident is caused by a blow out it can now be argued that the tyres were not suitable for the job leading to the blowout and illegal im just passing on what the experts say

thats from the experts stef not my words apparently in a colission where the police are involved the ratings are noted if they are less than what was specified they are illegal even worse if the accident is caused by a blow out it can now be argued that the tyres were not suitable for the job leading to the blowout and illegal im just passing on what the experts say

Not getting at you mate.

You would have an arguement on your hands but if you haven't exceeded the limits of the tyre then you have done no wrong.

The thing is, the lowest tyre is an N rated which is 88mph, when have you ever seen this? A bog standard 195/50/15 probably doesn't come in less than an S or T for example

I called my insurance company and asked if it invalidated my policy and they said no. They said that garages say it to make more money.

I dropped about 5 letters and saved about £70 for 2

personally i use bridgestone potenza RE050 and i always rebuy , great tyre no problems with speed or weight. (on diesel 3 door)

but will it matter if i have 2 different weight / speed tyres on my car although the tyre size is all the same?

example. i have on now 235 45 17 93 v so if this stays on because its new but i have a few worn down so if i put 2 on with codes 235 45 17 97 or 94 and y or w will this affect this? as it is just the speed/load figures?

thanks.

you wont notice it all tbh, unless you was planning on track driving or something , its not ideal to mix tyres but if your on a budget and your not racing around youll be fine, my dads bmw has a different tyre on every wheel :D

Providing your load figure is more than your car requires there shouldnt be any issue.

If it requires a tyre with 400kg load rating and you have one with 500kg you are safer if anything.

Sounds good then. I have 93 v on and the ones im seeing on eBay individuals are like 94 or 97 and y or w so better in both figures so should be no problem then :wacko: haha :D

Sorted... Thanks people. Just managed to get 4 part worn. 4mm left for £75. cant grumble with that. should last me some time. all same 235 45 17 97y :D happy days.....

That's a good buy.

i know mate. was buzzing to find them. was ebaying till 2ish this morn haha.

Ah good ole eBay.

The saviour of car modders worldwide. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club