Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta temp guage

shabazmo

I can't seem to find te temperature guage on the new fiesta I have for a couple of days. Does one exist? or am i just going silly. I can see the outside air temperature.

Regards

I can't seem to find te temperature guage on the new fiesta I have for a couple of days. Does one exist? or am i just going silly. I can see the outside air temperature.

Regards

The water temp icon lights up on your dash display (see your handbook) when you switch the ignition on.It goes off when the engine fires up, and I believe it will only illuminate again if there is a fault.

Along with not providing a spare wheel, (unless you ask), yet ANOTHER stupid Ford Idea to annoy owners who would just like the company to leave some things alone !

I'd rather see what my water temp is doing ALL THE TIME, give me a gauge ANYTIME !

dave

I don't think its down to cost cutting. My last car never had a engine temp guage. I'm sure the car would let you know if its overheating.... TBH it dont bother me at all...its less to worry about

I don't think its down to cost cutting. My last car never had a engine temp guage. I'm sure the car would let you know if its overheating.... TBH it dont bother me at all...its less to worry about

I agree with you on this one Mark.

My last car didn't have one either and as long as you have a fail safe device everything will be alright.

Anyway, what's the betting that if there is an engine temperature issue it'll come up on the computer so why would we need a gauge?????

The water temp icon lights up on your dash display (see your handbook) when you switch the ignition on.It goes off when the engine fires up, and I believe it will only illuminate again if there is a fault.

Along with not providing a spare wheel, (unless you ask), yet ANOTHER stupid Ford Idea to annoy owners who would just like the company to leave some things alone !

I'd rather see what my water temp is doing ALL THE TIME, give me a gauge ANYTIME !

dave

Hey Dave,

You do like to moan about the new Fiesta don't you?

Why do you drive a Ford at all if you really dislike the company so much?

Now let's have a look at your spare wheel comments shall we?

Would you consider Mini and BMW to be stupid too--they don't provide a spare wheel unless you ask and then it can cost between £100-£200 for the privilege.

If so then you'd better consider Vauxhall to be stupid as well because Corsa VXRs/ Astra VXRs / Twintops don't get a spare wheel either..........but you can pay extra for a "noddy" wheel.

Good old Ford don't charge you a penny---nothing---zero---jack---diddly---all you have to do to get it is..................look in the brochure!!

Hey Dave,

You do like to moan about the new Fiesta don't you?

Why do you drive a Ford at all if you really dislike the company so much?

Now let's have a look at your spare wheel comments shall we?

Would you consider Mini and BMW to be stupid too--they don't provide a spare wheel unless you ask and then it can cost between £100-£200 for the privilege.

If so then you'd better consider Vauxhall to be stupid as well because Corsa VXRs/ Astra VXRs / Twintops don't get a spare wheel either..........but you can pay extra for a "noddy" wheel.

Good old Ford don't charge you a penny---nothing---zero---jack---diddly---all you have to do to get it is..................look in the brochure!!

This made me laugh!!!

Ford arent stupid, if there isnt a need then its not on the car. i like that. means they can spent more time on other things. O like handling :)

This made me laugh!!!

Ford arent stupid, if there isnt a need then its not on the car. i like that. means they can spent more time on other things. O like handling :)

I think I can moan all I like...........it was bought with my money !

........we are ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS !!

Dave

I am going to support Dave on this one. The benefit of a temperature guage is that you are likely to pick up warning signs before its too late. For example if the engine is running a little hot or worse still cold if the thermostat is stuck open. You would not know if this has happened and cold running is harmfull to the engine. On the subject of cost the fiesta does provide other details like outside air temp, mpg and fuel distance etc. It would not of cost more than a few pennies to add a reading for water temp which is no doubtedly stored in the ECU along with all other data. .... But he does look a bit frustrated in the photo.. Maybe we will get a smile next time.

But he does look a bit frustrated in the photo.. Maybe we will get a smile next time.

Well, Dave, what about it?

Or are you going to be GRUMPY all the time!! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club