Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RUMBLING/VIBRATING UNDER ACCELERATION - DE-ACCELERATION

Harry_Hoodini

HI... I HAVE A MONDEO 2.5 ZETEC S ( DURATEC ) AND I AM CONCERNED ABOUT A RUMBLING AND VIBRATING NOISE THAT IS COMING FROM MY VEHICLE WHEN UNDER SLOW ACCELERATION AND DE ACCELERATION,I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT IT COULD BE THE TYRES,I HAVE CHECKED THEM ALL AND FOUND NO OBVIOUS PROBLEMS THEY ARE ALL 225/40/18...ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, ALSO THERE IS A MISFIRE THAT OCCURS UNDER ANY KIND OF ACCELERATION..WHEN IDLE ITS OK.... AND THIRDLY.. THE BRAKES SEEM TO BE VERY VAGUE ALTHOUGH THEY DO WORK.. ARE THERE ANY KNOWN PROBLEMS THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF.... ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....MANY THANKS.

your vibration could be any thing from a cv joint to the exhaust without inspection its hard to say. your missfire could be plugs,leads or the coil pack playing up.

HI..THANKS FOR THE REPLY... HAVE CHECKED THE EXHAUST AND ALL SEEMS FINE... WILL LOOK INTO THE CV JOINTS AT THE WEEKEND....WOULD OR COULD IT ALSO BE WHEEL BEARINGS..IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE ITS VIBRATING THROUGH THE ENTIRE CAR.. VERY ANNOYING BUT ONCE OVER 25mph IT DISAPPEARS.... AS FOR THE THE MISFIRE ...WILL CHECK OUT WHAT YOU DIAGNOSED...MANY THANKS.....

Brakes could be a seized caliper or two, maybe rusty discs/pads, try jacking up each wheel and turn the wheel to see if any are sticking.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club