Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Mk7 Fiesta Grill Removal

ford=win

Hi everyone

I know a few people including myself have been asking about how to remove the front radiator grill of the MK7 fiesta, so when i got my asian spec grill i decided to make one :) hope it helps everyone

First thing first this is a really easy job, took me no longer than 15 minutes and i didn't need any tools, just my hands and a bit of carful persuasion.

post-17797-0-95108600-1341517523_thumb.j

If possible get the car to a comfortable working height, i had access to a ramp but it really isn't needed, this grill is only held in by clips so no hidden screws to worry about :)

post-17797-0-90807500-1341517669_thumb.j

Best technique i found was start in a corner, i chose bottom left (no real reason for that) then with hand pressed firmly on the bumper and one hand holding the grill give it a short sharp tug, there will be a bit of resistance but if there is to much don't try and force it out cause you may end up breaking something, just move on to a different part of the grill

post-17797-0-85101800-1341517678_thumb.j

Once you have one side of the grill out start working your way to the other end pulling the top and bottom alternately all the time keeping one hand on the bumper as you pull the grill, as a little tip try and keep the grill parallel to the bumper as this stops you stressing the clips and makes it easier to remove. By the time you get to the other end it should just pull out nice and easy, once again don't try and force it if it seems stuck, just move on to a different section of the grill.

post-17797-0-27581800-1341517690_thumb.j

Once the grill is removed your left with a toothless looking fiesta lol, reinstalling the grill is pretty simple whether your just putting the old one back in or like me putting in the Asian spec unit.

One thing i would say about the reinstallation is there are little locating points all around the grill ( if you look at the picture above you can seem them pretty clearly) make sure when you put the grill back in you slide the lip of the grill under these locating points or you'll have a very messy grill fitment.

post-17797-0-76655200-1341517704_thumb.j

post-17797-0-72120700-1341517719_thumb.j

Once its all in the car should look good as new :) in my opinion with the Asian grill better than new :D

Hope this guides helps, any question please to hesitate to post on this guide and answer as best i can

Rob

• Like 2

Excellent Guide mate,

this is sure to help other members of the forum and owners searching for a grill change guide via Google and this will hopfully inspire other fiesta owners to create some more guides too

Excellent Guide mate,

this is sure to help other members of the forum and owners searching for a grill change guide via Google and this will hopfully inspire other fiesta owners to create some more guides too

Cheers lenny, really happy that you thinks its a good one, this is the reason i joined this forum, to get help and hopefully give some out :)

Cheers lenny, really happy that you thinks its a good one, this is the reason i joined this forum, to get help and hopefully give some out :)

yes its quality mate, very easy to follow, thumbup.gif the new grill looks top quality too.

and on observation mate the fiesta grill has got a hell of alot of clips holding it in,

the focus grill was hard enough to pull out but the fiesta must have required some amount of tugging to free all of the clips around the bumper, i think the focus had 16 clips or fins. but the fiesta seems to have alot more than 16. theirs not too may guides in the fiesta section so hopfully this will change in the near future.

yes its quality mate, very easy to follow, thumbup.gif the new grill looks top quality too.

and on observation mate the fiesta grill has got a hell of alot of clips holding it in,

the focus grill was hard enough to pull out but the fiesta must have required some amount of tugging to free all of the clips around the bumper, i think the focus had 16 clips or fins. but the fiesta seems to have alot more than 16. theirs not too may guides in the fiesta section so hopfully this will change in the near future.

Im well pleased with how it looks, glad to hear there more love for it :) , really don't understand why ford did make it standard but there you go.

I must admit i thought it was gonna be a lot stiffer than it was, i probably only got stuck twice while removing it, most of what you can see though is actually locating lugs to insure a good fit, there really isn't as my clips and you would think looking at the picture

Nice guide mate. Well done. Suppose I should have done one when I changed my grill but I was just itching to get the new one on. Lol.

Nice guide mate. Well done. Suppose I should have done one when I changed my grill but I was just itching to get the new one on. Lol.

Thanks mate, tbh i nearly forgot to take any photos because i was excited to get it o lol

seeing this guide has made me want to get one now for my S1600. you get it off eBay?

seeing this guide has made me want to get one now for my S1600. you get it off ebay?

Yea mate i got mine from eBay, cost me £97.00 including the £10 postage fee and it arrived within to days, ill include a link to the guys shop below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK7-Lower-Sport-Radiator-Grille-Asian-Australian-Grill-/190698170306?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c667f27c2#ht_500wt_732

my advice would be not to bid until the end of the auction to try and get the best possible price

My advice would be wait a week or 2 and they will be available cheaper ;)

My advice would be wait a week or 2 and they will be available cheaper ;)

advice taken ^_^

Okey my advice. I usually never write here but now its my turn to pull one's weight. I ordered my via a website called alibaba.com its directly from the manufacturer in the Asian country. I got mine half the price I would have to pay from UK. They usually sell the item priced with us dollar and since im from Sweden, the rates profit me. Here are an example site I managed to find from alibaba

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/594080403-Ford-Fiesta-MK6-MK7-MK8-Sports-Grille-2008-2012-wholesalers.html

105 USD and free shipping, 16-20 July 50%of that price

Well sorry for the bad English and great guide for those who haven't changed yet, BTW you should change it.

• 10 months later...

How is this in comparison with a y reg 2001 old style fiesta?

• 7 years later...

Hi I know this post is a good few years old. My son wants to remove the upper badge grill of the Ford Fiesta mark 7 he has successfully removed the upper clips but is unable to detach at the underside at the bottom of the badge. Any ideas how this is attached and how to remove please. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club