Photo

Focus Mk3 - Anyone Else Own & Have Plans For Upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Erskineg

Erskineg

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Name: Gareth
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6T Zetec S 180 Ecoboost
  • Year: 2012

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

I've had my Focus 1.6t 180 ecoboost for a month now and i'm starting to wonder what will come available in the aftermarket arena, anyone have any ideas for upgrades?

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,702 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus ZetecS 1.6TDCi superleggero
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

I've had my Focus 1.6t 180 ecoboost for a month now and i'm starting to wonder what will come available in the aftermarket arena, anyone have any ideas for upgrades?

Cheers

euro pean parts in germany are a top supplier, ive purchased items from them a few times and they have alot of new kit for the mk3 focus and more on the way, so its worth having a look http://www.european-...qf8p9au5ha5l153

#3 Erskineg

Erskineg

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

euro pean parts in germany are a top supplier, ive purchased items from them a few times and they have alot of new kit for the mk3 focus and more on the way, so its worth having a look http://www.european-...qf8p9au5ha5l153

Cheers Lenny, saves me asking my next question about where to get DRLs! :)

#4 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

I've noticed some stuff on the internet recently for the MK3 and am really tempted to start tinkering... just want to enhance it really than go over the top.

Looking at European Parts, I want the illuminated gear knob... seen it in the Fiesta and it looks fantastic. Tempted by DRLs and LED rear lights too. This might start getting expensive :P

Also need to pluck up the courage to start taking things apart! :blink:

#5 raskL

raskL

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: phil
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2007

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

your looking at 220bhp from a remap at celtictuning.co.uk wow id defeinatly be tempted! :D

#6 Arif

Arif

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Arif

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi,

I've got the 180 zetec s on lease at the mo but will be buying it in the next month or two so I'm planning my mods already:

Debadge - Quick and Easy (can do myself)
Dechrome - Black Vinyl (may talk to professional wrapper or give it a go myself)
Tints for front windows - Very light so it stays on the legal side (back has factoy tints)
Eibach Lowering Springs - 30mm drop. Seen them on European Parts for approx £145 + shipping, been speaking to Ford Dealer and they will source and install springs for £480 which includes tracking. Bit steep and I reckon I can do it cheaper by not using Ford.

That's all I've got planned at the mo, all should have a visual effect on the car and I'll do more performance related mods later on.

Cheers

Arif

#7 Erskineg

Erskineg

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

I've noticed some stuff on the internet recently for the MK3 and am really tempted to start tinkering... just want to enhance it really than go over the top. Looking at European Parts, I want the illuminated gear knob... seen it in the Fiesta and it looks fantastic. Tempted by DRLs and LED rear lights too. This might start getting expensive :P Also need to pluck up the courage to start taking things apart! :blink:

DRL's will be on my list also, still have no idea why ford havent made these standard on the new focus - i thought it was compulsary these days!?

#8 Erskineg

Erskineg

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

your looking at 220bhp from a remap at celtictuning.co.uk wow id defeinatly be tempted! :D

Hmmm 40bhp gain from a remap? possibly the best remap in the world!!? seems abit farfetch, but hell if others do it and get this gain i'm on board!!

But yeah i would look to remap the engine - seems to struggle at pull off so hopefully that would rectify that issue... saying that i've not gone passed 3k revs in gears 1-5 yet.. 6th is a different story! ; )

#9 Erskineg

Erskineg

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

I've got the 180 zetec s on lease at the mo but will be buying it in the next month or two so I'm planning my mods already:

Debadge - Quick and Easy (can do myself)
Dechrome - Black Vinyl (may talk to professional wrapper or give it a go myself)
Tints for front windows - Very light so it stays on the legal side (back has factoy tints)
Eibach Lowering Springs - 30mm drop. Seen them on European Parts for approx £145 + shipping, been speaking to Ford Dealer and they will source and install springs for £480 which includes tracking. Bit steep and I reckon I can do it cheaper by not using Ford.

That's all I've got planned at the mo, all should have a visual effect on the car and I'll do more performance related mods later on.

Cheers

Arif

Sounds good Arif, im planning on keeping my mods simple too, thought about tinting and the vinyl wrap so when you've got it sorted it'd be good to see how it looks :)

No plans to lower (yet) remap will be my first upgrade to performance then i'll see what else is available.

#10 raskL

raskL

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Name: phil
  • Year: 2007

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hmmm 40bhp gain from a remap? possibly the best remap in the world!!? seems abit farfetch, but hell if others do it and get this gain i'm on board!!

But yeah i would look to remap the engine - seems to struggle at pull off so hopefully that would rectify that issue... saying that i've not gone passed 3k revs in gears 1-5 yet.. 6th is a different story! ; )

yeah they did my diesel from 115 to 152 'claimed' i have my doubts tho :P

#11 Erskineg

Erskineg

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

yeah they did my diesel from 115 to 152 'claimed' i have my doubts tho :P

I could understand that from a diesel.. but as i said if it happens i will be in line to buy one!! ha

#12 WillClarkIOM

WillClarkIOM

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Will
  • Ford Model: Mk3 focus

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Just looking through eBay this morning after reading through this and found these which are simalar to the standard drls but they don't look like xenons, thoughts lads.

http://www.ebay.co.u...fb#ht_755wt_689

#13 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 11,702 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Mk2.5 Focus ZetecS 1.6TDCi superleggero
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Just looking through eBay this morning after reading through this and found these which are simalar to the standard drls but they don't look like xenons, thoughts lads.

http://www.ebay.co.u...fb#ht_755wt_689

they look good mate,
but if your focus is a mk3 then they wont fit because the are designed for a mk2.5 even though the listing says a mk3

#14 WillClarkIOM

WillClarkIOM

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Will
  • Ford Model: Mk3 focus

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

You sure they look the same as mine on the 3

#15 cuke

cuke

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hi, no reason why a remap wouldn't be able to give at least 30-35ps more, here http://www.superchip...=2&variant=2542 are claiming 30ps for my engine varient. It is the torque increase though, not the ps, you should be looking for.
Chris

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users