Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Martin Bunce

Installing/ Upgrading To Climate Control?

Hi everyone, just joined today!!

Can anyone help? I have an 08 fiesta and I want to upgrade the manual controls to electronic automatic air con. I have seen a main unit on ebay, but what else is envoled/needed?

This isn't gonna be a very helpful reply because I don't know how it's done.

But remember on the focus site i use, a member upgraded his the same way you want to, and it took an entire day from someone that knew what he was doing and also had the full dash, including air bags out. everything apart from the steering wheel!

Put me off even doing it tbh

GJC    7

Nathan may be better positioned to reply/

From the various mods that Nathan and others have worked out my guess would be most the hardware is on the body just not active, no doubt the computer needs to be told it's got Climate Control (Vs Air con) and activated in the GEM as it is tied to voice control. It seems everything is tied into the computer somewhere, even the ambient lighting won't work unless the computer knows it's there and turns it on.

Yes it would need to be activated but I'm guessing a lot of additional hardware is required (motors, sensors etc) and is not practical or economically viable to retrofit.

Thanx for your input guys. Dont know how tied to the computer it would be as my car is before all this voice control stuff. I was hoping for just a wiring look and sensor installing as it is an optional extra anways?