Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cannot Update Ford Audio Software

Ofers

I followed the manual instructions exactly, and I read all the posts on troubleshooting the software update, with no success.

I put only the two english files in the root directory of the USB device, but it keeps saying "no files on device", and when turning the key on nothing happens. Tried disconnecting and connecting again, nothing.

Suggestions? I'm not sure I need the update but thought it might solve another problem I have with the "store name" command (I opened a different post)

Thanks.

Depending on the build date of your Focus, you may already have the same software level, or an entirely different unit (not the one the update works with).

Any way of checking that? How do I get the correct update?

I found I couldnt get it to run from one USB device with an SD card, but I could from a flash drive memory stick. Try a different memory stick. It may work.

I found I couldnt get it to run from one USB device with an SD card, but I could from a flash drive memory stick. Try a different memory stick. It may work.

Thanks btmaldon. Tried with a different memory stick, same result.

Can you select any contact on your phone by voice? Then it's the new module.

Can you select any contact on your phone by voice? Then it's the new module.

No. I tried calling contacts on my mobile phone, with no success. How does the system recognize contact on my phone using voice command? Does it know how contacts are pronounced? What if my phone contacts are not in English? I tried filling the phonetic field in a few contacts but that didn't help either.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club