Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Advanced Driving

.Ryan

I double declutch and left foot brake, courtesy of my advanced driver course (Cheers D&C)

Rev Match? Unless I know it by some other name, I havent heard of "rev match". I presume its a case of drop clutch at 3,000 revs, then accelerate to 3,000 revs in neutral ready for dropping the clutch in?

perhaps the IAM course might be good to teach me the lingo :P I know most stuff with a less technical name :P

Rev Match? Unless I know it by some other name, I havent heard of "rev match". I presume its a case of drop clutch at 3,000 revs, then accelerate to 3,000 revs in neutral ready for dropping the clutch in?

perhaps the IAM course might be good to teach me the lingo :P I know most stuff with a less technical name :P

yes it stops the car jerking forward (like braking) when releasing the clutch when downshifting this also stops the clutch wearing

Same principle as used when riding a motorcycle, you pop the revs to avoid flying over the bars.

Same principle as used when riding a motorcycle, you pop the revs to avoid flying over the bars.

Didnt even know they had to do that on motorbikes. I suppose it makes sense, guess you learn something new everyday!

• 4 months later...

Registered on ADUK but seems a bit Q. Need to look into local courses etc :)

I passed the IAM Advanced Driving Test in 1989 and was a member for many years but gave up because the annual fee went up and I was getting no benefit from it.

However, joining the local IAM group and getting prepared for the test did help - I am glad I did it. Join your local group and attend a few sessions.

Incidentally, my membership number was 209822 - I wonder what they have got up to now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club