Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Door Mirror Puddle Lights

Haz93

Okay so on my travels through the world wide inter-web thingy I have stumbled across some cheap parts for what could be an interesting retrofit project. Basically the components to create puddle lights in the wing mirrors as follows:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_door_mirror_puddle_lamp_wire_2007_f_4506924_c_683.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_door_mirror_puddle_lamp_rh_2009_f_1675129_c_683.htm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_door_mirror_puddle_lamp_lh_2009_f_1675130_c_683.htm

The cost works out at £25. I can imagine it requires the mirror unit to be removed to cut out the hole, then running some wires to the control unit.

I have noticed before that there is a square marked out on the underside of the unit for the puddle light unit so would just be following the lines.

Any feedback welcome, not sure if I will go along with this, but as money is tight and I really want to have a go at some sort of car based cheapish project. if those words can be used in the same sentence :P

the cut outs there the wires are run inside the door through the rubber grommet into the wing then spliced into the side indicators easy job i havent done it as i cant be bothered faffing around with the car right now

Okay so on my travels through the world wide inter-web thingy I have stumbled across some cheap parts for what could be an interesting retrofit project. Basically the components to create puddle lights in the wing mirrors as follows:

http://www.fordparts...06924_c_683.htm

http://www.fordparts...75129_c_683.htm

http://www.fordparts...75130_c_683.htm

The cost works out at £25. I can imagine it requires the mirror unit to be removed to cut out the hole, then running some wires to the control unit.

I have noticed before that there is a square marked out on the underside of the unit for the puddle light unit so would just be following the lines.

Any feedback welcome, not sure if I will go along with this, but as money is tight and I really want to have a go at some sort of car based cheapish project. if those words can be used in the same sentence :P

sounds good mate,

and for that price you cant go wrong really,

a dremil would be the ideal tool for cutting you the squares and some 5smd 6000k LED Bulbs would look sweet,

as previously said on here the loom is already run through the grommet so no worry about fishing cable through the door or anything.

a guide would be good too mate

• 1 month later...

did you ever manage this I was thinking about doing it to my 2011 Focus Zetec S ? not sure if it would be a " Plug & Play " job tho

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if its easy to retrofit the focus with puddle lights? i.e. is it a case of buying the lamps in the above link and plugging them in? think it would make a nice upgrade!

as said you have to cut the wing mirror to fit the surround the wiring goes through into the door grommets then passes to the internal grommet where it runs up the a pillar and splices into the interior light so it goes on and off with the interior light

so it would be a case of splicing wires? just thought maybe the connector may have been sitting in the wing mirror housing unconnected

not that im aware of though some mondeos have them as standard if you found one in the scrappy you could trace the wiring and remove it

The only focus that comes with them as standard is the RS!!! No Idea why because if I owned one it wouldn't be parked anywhere you would need puddle lights

Think they come as standard on the new focus titanium x and st models

The wiring will probably need to be custom, but as I didn't do too much research into it I don't know what factory wiring is there already. There is an option to turn puddle lights on in the GEM module

hmm, i think i was too hopeful thinking it would be plug and play, wouldnt want to start messing about with the GEM

• 2 years later...

Old topic, but does anyone work this out? Topic popped out when im finding led solution to my tail lights :)

The puddle light housings are recessed in the wing mirror housing. If you want to retrofit the puddle lights you will have to cut the hole into the mirror housings and cut the recess to achieve a flush mount of the puddle light housings.

From the Focus MK2 onwards the puddle lights are controlled by the door modules. If the car has door modules you only have to install the short wires between the puddle lights and the door modules. Afterwards the puddle lights needs to be activated in the door modules (Focus MK2/MK2.5) or Central Configuation of the BCM (Focus MK3).

• 5 months later...

On the MK3 could they just be wired into the overhead courtesy light? Albeit with a very long connection.

EDIT: Just realised how old the thread is :lol:

• 1 month later...

I take it the wiring into the courtesy light never got completed, I've tried fitting some, I went to the rear courtesy light as it only has 2 wires white and blue, but when I wired the lights in the puddle lights stayed on all the time, which I didn't want, only want them on the same as the courtesy lights any ideas would be good. the puddle lights only have 2 wires. thanks

• 2 years later...

My focus wing mirror replacement has 8 wires fitted into a grey plug, the colours are 1: yellow 2: blue 3: orange 4: red & the other side is 

5: purple 6: brown 7: black/grey 8: black.   I am trying to find out which wire is which, the mirror has power folding, heated, indicator & puddle lamp fitted, it comes from a Ford Focus titanium driver side door wing mirror, Fold Puddle, 08/11 RS, please see photos, 

any help would be great, ta

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Again many apologies for digging up old threads (getting to be a habit now eh) is this possible in a mk2 titanium, changed a mirror but never really paid attention to the underside of it haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club