Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are Symptoms Of Failing Leads/coil Pack?

fintious maximus

Hi all, replaced plugs,leads and coil pack about 3 months ago as the car was juddering a bit. Bought bits on eBay and last week the car has started to judder a bit when holding at around 2500rpm. I'm thinking rubbish leads or coil pack but wanted to see what you thought before I buy better ones.

Someone suggested it may be the dreaded swirl flaps on their way - are they similar symptoms?

Thanks in advance

My focus coil pack failed recently symptoms were hesitation in acceleration and running rough also engine light came on. Was the coil pack you bought a ford original part as it is common for pattern parts not to solve the problem or fail quickly.

juddering, hesitation and misfires are usually common with leads, plugs and coils.

i would be very vary about buying cheap parts, they can be of quite poor quality sometimes.

What i found with my focus was it didnt like any coil pack, leads or plugs except genuine ford ones. dont know how many sets i went through, replaced with genuine bits and everything was fine there after. was much more expensive but worth it

thanks for the replies and no they weren't genuine parts. Think the coil pack was £18 from eBay (Ford wanted about 160). I'll bite the bullet and get some better kit and see what happens!

thanks for the replies and no they weren't genuine parts. Think the coil pack was £18 from ebay (Ford wanted about 160). I'll bite the bullet and get some better kit and see what happens!

how about this genuine/boxed coil - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c261aba7a

plugs will be about £10-12 for genuine ones and last time i bought a set of leads was £60!

be aware that unburnt fuel going down the exhaust is not good news for the cat as it can cause it to overheat and break up

Thanks for that Stef, looks like a V6one but will contact seller to confirm that it's just a stock photo.

Don't understand about the unburned fuel bit? Is that what happens if the plugs/leads/coil aren't up to scratch?

Thanks for that Stef, looks like a V6one but will contact seller to confirm that it's just a stock photo.

Don't understand about the unburned fuel bit? Is that what happens if the plugs/leads/coil aren't up to scratch?

oops sorry, i went more by description than the pic - didnt even realise it had 6 outputs duhhhh

yeah if the car is misfiring or not burning the fuel properly it ends up burning in the cat

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club