Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outside Temperature Sensor Location

eyemdee

I was just wondering whether anyone here knows where the outside temperature sensor is located on the Mk7 Fiesta. While I was sitting in a 2 hour traffic jam in Southampton yesterday my dash readout of outside temperature rose from 17 deg C (about right) to 36 deg C). I concluded that the lack of movement was causing the sensor to be affected by engine temperature and wondered whether it could be relocated. I have looked in the Haynes manual but there is no mention of this sensor that I can find, neither is it mentioned in the bumper removal details which is where I would expect to find it.

i had a little look round on the net and all i could find for you is 'its usually located quite low behind the front bumper'

hope this helps

i had a little look round on the net and all i could find for you is 'its usually located quite low behind the front bumper'

hope this helps

Yes, that is what I have always believed. I think it may be affected by the auto transmission fluid cooler which is also around there. Thanks anyway, I will have to get underneath and have a looksie when I get a chance.

• 7 months later...

Did you find it? Cause I would like to know where to look!

Thanks in advance!

My Titanium (manual 1.4) does the same. I suspect the sensor is located near the radiator.

As soon as you start moving the temperature quickly drops to normal.

• 2 years later...

Could anyone possibly make a photo of exact location of the temperature sensor in mk7. I am rebuilding my car after a bump and I haven't got a clue where it should be attached. It is hanging on a wire at the moment. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club