Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To Meets Etc

Anthony Coumbe

hey guys. feel like im putting some really stupid posts up atm but hey you dont ask you never know. Ive never been to a meet before and the meets ive seen on another forum sometimes look like what i will see in the carpark at my work and the people there have already been hostile towards me for the car ive bought. What kinda meets do you guys suggest me going to. im not what people deem to be a "boy racer" im 29 and just like looking at nice cars etc.

I'm the same mate, I've no interest in throwing a saxo around a carpark with McDonalds trays on the wheels, I like nice cars and I enjoy them :)

They obviously don't appreciate good cars unless they've been covered in superglue and then driven around a Halfords allowing all the tacky crap to stick to them. :)

They obviously don't appreciate good cars unless they've been covered in superglue and then driven around a Halfords allowing all the tacky crap to stick to them. :)

think i wet myself reading these comments. are you guys reading my mind??

have decided on fordfair at silverstone and then just realised there is a fordsport meeting on weston seafront at the end of august so will be heading down to look at the sexy cars.

Would hate to be branded as one of those fools hanging around car parks with nothing better to do, but unfortunatley with car enthusiasts come the clio lovers and saxo bandits :(

Would hate to be branded as one of those fools hanging around car parks with nothing better to do, but unfortunatley with car enthusiasts come the clio lovers and saxo bandits :(

Don't forget the Corsa C nuts. (spit)

think im gonna stick to larger more formal meets for now. first one is ford fair. then theres one on wsm beach at end of august. think both of those will be more to my taste.....

Yep, sounds like a good shout mate, stick to the official meets and fairs :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've helped start and continue to run a classic car and bike meet here in South Bucks.

The real danger we have is with some of these half wits seeing 'car' and 'meet' and not reading the classic bit. We've been pretty lucky so far and with it being American orientated we get a lot of interest from passers by.

Don't be put off by smaller well organised meets, that's all I'll say. Ones that meet in a pub car park are generally ok, I can hardly see a landlord having his car park full up with Corsas! If it's in an Asda car park or on an industrial estate, expect it to be chavy!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club