Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci 5 door
  • Year: 2010

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Just thought you might like to know that since my last post on my 1.6 95 tdci regarding hessitation and rough running it has now been sorted out.
Just a shame It took my Ford dealer 3 attempts, maybe it was the threat of requiring a full refund ( only had the car 5 weeks ) that they finally got there finger out.
Anyhow it was apparently due to an 'intermittently' -disagree with this that, 'faulty crankshaft timing sensor' and a failing timing belt crankshaft pulley.
So they had it for a full week last week but I had to ring on Friday afternoon to check if it was sorted.
Not impressed one bit with the aftercare, made to feel I was just making things up, previously told my the service manager that there was nothing wrong with he way it performed.
So with new sensor , pulley and timing belt with associated belt kit all apears well.
The transformation in low down pull is remarkable as is the smoothnes of the engine its like it suddenly got 20 more hp and a big boost in torque, now I see it has the 'go' to enjoy the handling on the twisties.
This may be of help to anyone suffering similar effects with poor running.
This problem should not occur on a 17 month old car with only 8,700 mls though.
Cheers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users