Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Attempt At Carbon Wrapping

Brigante

First attempt at wrapping head unit and gear stick surrounds. Not perfect but it'll do for now till I can be arsed to redo it. Next little mod is custom heating controls soon as they are delivered. Don't mind the crappy stereo its getting upgraded soon.

carbon.jpg

Not bad not bad!

Cool - you're the first user I've seen with the same car as me. 1.6L Petrol Ghia mk2 pre-facelift - mine's 2006, but won't make a difference! Do you have the 100PS engine or the 115PS?

Been thinking about doing the same as I'm not a big fan of the wooden surround that comes standard with the Ghia... looks very out of place.

What stereo you replacing with?

What else you done to it, out of interest?

Great attempt at the Carbon wrapping mate - tried this myself before and its well worth the effort. You should see can you get an ashtray and wrap that too - would complete the effect nicely!!!

Cheers lads. It's not perfect around the holes and got a little crease on the bottom but it'll do for now. GSM mines the 115 mate, whats yours? Priced up a pioneer head unit with a reverse camera so I'll be upgrading to it soon as the funds become available. Need to find a new trim for the boot too around the license plate lights so I can cut a hole out of it where the camera will go cause I don't wanna start cutting holes out the current one for when it comes to selling the car in a few years, cause I'll wanna swap the head units back over and put the old boot trim back on.

Haven't had chance to doing anything to it yet so it's still all stock, only bought it a few months ago and I've had that many problems with it, main one being a lorry deciding to cut me up when I was indicating to leave a roundabout resulting in me having to spend the funds saved up for a few mods on a new bumper, wing panel, bumper mouldings and hub cap instead.

Here's what the chap did to me :(

314832_458187824199776_741805503_n.jpg

And here's my thread on everything that happened to my poor car within months of buying it if you fancy a cheap laugh ;)

http://www.fordowner...nt-help-please/

Think the first big major mod I'll do is an MS design body kit followed by either some 17" or 18" alloys and some Eibach springs. Then I'll start on the inside. Soon as I get redeployed at work I'm gonna go mad spending on it.

What you done to yours?

Edited by stef123
Mind your language please

Your car mats look as dirty as mine! Get it hoovered. Ha.

Carbon wrap looks good, which squeegee did you use? I understand eBay sell alot for some big money and theres some cheap, just curious do the cheap ones do just as good as the expensive?

Poor car, id cry!

Poor ole Focus :(

Have just uploaded some pics of mine in Mk 2.5 mods.

Major project I am considering at the moment is custom made car seat covers. Haz fitted some to his.

keep us updated with the mods.....they sound tasty mate

Lmao I know my car mats are !Removed! filthy atm but believe it or not a few days a go they was spotless. The Mrs very kindly got the hoover and bucket and sponge out, shampooed and waxed the outside, done the windows and hoovered all the inside, was spotless and gleaming. Then no word of a lie, literally seconds after she finished, the heavens opened and it !Removed! !Removed! down :( the outside looked like it had never been washed since it was made, and I'd just cut the grass and we've got a gravel path so after a few trips out, all the grass clippings and gravel was all over the carpets. Shoulda saw my poor Mrs' face after all her hard work and effort :angry:

I used this squeegee mate:

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

But to be honest it seemed a bit pointless and barely used it anyway, mainly just used my thumbs to smooth it all out and got the Mrs to use her hairdryer on it.

And this is the carbon wrap I used:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190640365448?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Think its the cheapest on eBay for the size of the sheet you get, comes on a massive roll and I've got most of it left over after doing the head unit and gear stick surrounds. Might do the silver bits on the steering wheel next.

Been looking at some expensive tailored seat covers that look the business but they are expensive and for that price I could get some nice bucket seats so not sure which I wanna do yet. Priced all my mods up and gonna be around 2-4grand depending how mad I wanna go.

Till I get redeployed to work though I gotta take it easy so gotta start with a few small mods like the carbon wrapping and I'm waiting on the custom heating controls to be delivered so that'll be a nice little touch. Think the next mod will be rear window tints and a sun strip.

And oops sorry Stef :(

Lmao I know my car mats are !Removed! filthy atm but believe it or not a few days a go they was spotless. The Mrs very kindly got the hoover and bucket and sponge out, shampooed and waxed the outside, done the windows and hoovered all the inside, was spotless and gleaming. Then no word of a lie, literally seconds after she finished, the heavens opened and it !Removed! !Removed! down :( the outside looked like it had never been washed since it was made, and I'd just cut the grass and we've got a gravel path so after a few trips out, all the grass clippings and gravel was all over the carpets. Shoulda saw my poor Mrs' face after all her hard work and effort :angry:

I used this squeegee mate:

But to be honest it seemed a bit pointless and barely used it anyway, mainly just used my thumbs to smooth it all out and got the Mrs to use her hairdryer on it.

And this is the carbon wrap I used:

Think its the cheapest on ebay for the size of the sheet you get, comes on a massive roll and I've got most of it left over after doing the head unit and gear stick surrounds. Might do the silver bits on the steering wheel next.

Been looking at some expensive tailored seat covers that look the business but they are expensive and for that price I could get some nice bucket seats so not sure which I wanna do yet. Priced all my mods up and gonna be around 2-4grand depending how mad I wanna go.

Till I get redeployed to work though I gotta take it easy so gotta start with a few small mods like the carbon wrapping and I'm waiting on the custom heating controls to be delivered so that'll be a nice little touch. Think the next mod will be rear window tints and a sun strip.

Thanks for the links. I guess the squeegee would only come to good se if doing big parts of the car really. Yeah if i were you id do the steering wheel bits too. Will take a look at this later.

As for 1-2k on mods...Jeebus.

Yup doing big things like window tints etc you obviously need a squeegee but a little carbon wrapping don't think its necessary. Think I'll do the steering wheel bits soon maybe today or tomorrow, how do you get them off without breaking them? Contemplating doing the wing mirrors but not sure if it'll be a bit much. What you done to your focus? Thought a few K on mods was cheap. Depends how much I can get some alloys with tyres for really and If I wanna go for 17" or 18".

The steering wheel trims just unclip.

The bottom one is in two pieces (front and back) with a pin between them.

Nice one again Stoney, didn't wanna start pulling them off in case they was just glued on. Will give it a go soon.

Second attempt at carbon wrapping

291538_462060443812514_52409176_o.jpg

Since your the expert Stoney mate, care to recommend anything else that would look good carbon wrapped that's easy enough to remove and put back on?

Since your the expert Stoney mate, care to recommend anything else that would look good carbon wrapped that's easy enough to remove and put back on?

Wouldn't say that at all, I'm just an enthusiastic amateur like most here.

You could try the demister switch, air vent and door release surrounds.

well said mate. how do i go about getting demister switch out? don't suppose you know where i can get some decent chrome pedals from? there's that many on eBay and Halfords etc so its hard to know whats decent and whats crap. also whether its best to drill them on or get ones that clamp on? or if i can completely take mine off some how and replace them with chrome ones?

New heating controls came today earlier than expected. Whats everyone think?

483342_462439657107926_804359189_n.jpg

580881_462439970441228_974145415_n.jpg

205410_462440117107880_1519152008_n.jpg

On an unrelated note, my car really worryingly took a few minutes to start this morning and the engine just wouldn't turn over, eventually did though. The check battery light popped up on the dash so gonna be a trip to Halfords either tonight or tomorrow to get it tested and probably have to buy a new one.

Would anyone recommend a certain battery? Cheap and cheerful lead one is 60quid, calcium one is 70quid and the Bosch silver is 90quid. I don't really have much extra electrical equipment just me satnav and it's not really a larger engine at 1.6 so not sure whether to go all out on the Bosch or just get the calcium? Any thoughts?

Nice job on the knobs, they do look much better don't they?

Concerning the battery, I think the silver one is recommended.

Nice work their mate,

the carbon and the climate knobs go nicely togeather and +1 on the Bosh silver well worth the investment

yup they loads nicer and completes the carbon wrapping rather well. think Bosch silver it is then gotta find 90quid now lol

oh and i dunno what to do with the little chinese tea thing that came with the knobs lol =S

oh and i dunno what to do with the little chinese tea thing that came with the knobs lol =S

Hang it next to the furry dice, :P

I wouldn't drink it that's for sure.

Hang it next to the furry dice, :P

I wouldn't drink it that's for sure.

lmao it looks like somthing the people you nick would roll up and smoke mate :P

and the poor english description of it on the knobs page isn't very good so i definatly aint drinking it if it makes you talk like that.

the pictures of the chinese bird in her bra demonstating how to use it aren't very clear either

They should send her over instead of the tea, she'd sort your knobs out :D

lmao! some reason i knew that was coming :) when did you get your knobs and what you do with your tea? my missus was laughing saying what a random thing it is to send with car parts of all things

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club