Photo

Replacement Head Unit That Supports Factory-Fitted Reverse Camera/climate Control?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fr3d

Fr3d

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Fred
  • Ford Model: Focus ST-3
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have a 2009 Focus ST-3 with factory-fitted sat nav, reversing camera and climate control (pic for reference: https://dl.dropbox.c...9_22.40.04].png).

I'd like to replace it with something newer, however given that the OEM unit controls so much, I'm aware it may not be possible.

Has anyone heard of this being done?
(The same features are available in standard Focuses and Mondeos, so if it's possible for them, it should be for my ST)

Thanks in advance :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 tomtom70

tomtom70

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: C-Max Mk2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:40 AM

You need to a different radio cage, and the stand-alone climate control. Maybe you can finde someone who wants to upgrade to the factory satnav. Both cars need to have the automatic AC.

#3 Fr3d

Fr3d

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Fred
  • Ford Model: Focus ST-3
  • Year: 2009

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the info :) I guess this [ebay link] would be a standalone climate control unit... but what do you mean by "radio cage"?

--

Edit: One of the replacement head units I've been looking at (the Pioneer AVIC-F40BT) claims that it supports both the climate control system and the reversing camera/sensors through the CAN bus system. I'll do more research, as there's no mention of it actually controlling the climate control system on any of the pages I've read so far, but it looks promising.

#4 Jonny453

Jonny453

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: St-3

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi, i'm just wondering how you have got on with this headunit swop? I'm just looking into the same thing

many thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users