Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Gear Stick Gaiter Clips

irl-06lx

Hi all,

Looking for info as to how the gearstick gaiter on the mk2.5 clips in.

I have put one of the arm rests into my mk2 and it works well however I need the below pictured gearstick gaiter (including chrome base surround)

Can anyone enlighten me ideally with images as to hwo it clips in and will my console take it? Basically, is there anything car specific about how it clips in or does it clip straight to the console? If it goes straight to the console it should be able to clip in when the console is out, so if it cant then im in trouble.

Picture kindly by lenny.

The attached picture is what mine looks like.

Image2141.jpg

post-28604-0-02330200-1342033087_thumb.j

The gaiter is removed by prising up with a screwdriver under the back of the trim (side facing the handbrake) and clips back in from the front first.

Use tape over the screwdriver to avoid damaging the trim or sandwich the blade between two strips of plastic so that you leave marks on the strips rather than the trim.

This image is for removing the gear gaiter from a MK2 but is the same procedure for a MK2.5

1.jpg

Let me know where you find the gaiter, clips and chrome surround as the surround on mine is broken and everything on eBay seems to only be the leather bit

I'm getting one from fordpartsuk.com, not cheap about £60 including delivery but cant find one on eBay at all.

Stoney the picture you showed is for the mk 2 i believe.

Looking at the attached picture in the OP of what mine is like now, does it look like I'm missing anything?

I'm getting one from fordpartsuk.com, not cheap about £60 including delivery

:blink: I think I'll just glue mine then!

I'm getting one from fordpartsuk.com, not cheap about £60 including delivery but cant find one on ebay at all.

Stoney the picture you showed is for the mk 2 i believe.

Looking at the attached picture in the OP of what mine is like now, does it look like I'm missing anything?

As stated, yes it's a mk2 picture but the ring around the gear gaiter is exactly the same on a 2.5.

ok cool thanks didnt see you stated it my bad.

However, the ring around the mk2.5 is slightly bigger as my mk2 gaiter and chrome ring don't fit. Once they clip in the same then happy days

• 4 weeks later...

I'm only really after the plastic bit that's attached to the gaiter, that clips into the surround... my surround is in great shape, the plastic bit not so much... I ordered new leather gaiter and guess I'll have to glue it to the surround... seems to be a common thing that breaks, no wonder they're so expensive!

yup, mine is exactly like that, in perfect condition, it's the inner part that is stapled to the gaiter that is broken.

I spent a couple hours yesterday pulling apart my old stock gaiter and hot glued the broken pieces back together, then put my new leather gaiter over it, and mounted it into that surround piece, I drilled 2 small holes on each side from inside to out and put some small computer screws inside to hold the ring in place. it looks great and is very solid now, I don't think it will pop out when changing from 1st to reverse when I'm parking now!

Fancy nipping down to the coast and doing mine? :D

Fancy nipping down to the coast and doing mine? :D

it's a bit of a haul to get down there... plus not sure I could handle the heat!

Here's a couple quick shots so you can see exactly what I mean:

DSC_0358.JPGDSC_0359.JPGDSC_0362.JPG

I'm right near the beach so it's much cooler, only 32ºC here at the moment (unlike inland where it's been in the mid 40's last week) :)

Yup, mine has broken exactly the same.. maybe the heat here makes the plastic brittle! Good idea to use the screws to hold it in place

• 2 years later...

ok cool thanks didnt see you stated it my bad.

However, the ring around the mk2.5 is slightly bigger as my mk2 gaiter and chrome ring don't fit. Once they clip in the same then happy days

Hello , I searching in the net for the PN of this gaiter with the surround and i cannot find anything. could you please give the part number you bought? my surround ring is slightly larger as yours

• 2 months later...

I'm also looking for this part. Any luck so far ?

Unfortunately I couldn't find any PN. The part is relatively cheap pn eBay but there are 2 versions, one for the console with armrest (like the one on the first post) and another one for the one without armrest. Without knowing the PN it's quite hard to order.

• 11 months later...

Hi, can anybody help me please? I'm after a new leather gaiter for a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI Titanium on a 2010 plate, ford have quoted me £98 plus VAT, which is a more than I'm looking to pay.  I've looked on eBay but don't know what I'm looking for that will fit as an alternative, any advice you can offer or links would be really helpful.

thanks in advance

Sarah

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club