Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unofon

Knock when acelerating and Decelerating

7 posts in this topic

Help FOCUS TDCI 1.8 03 plate

I have a funny knocking sound when I take my foot off the Accelerator just one knock

I have changed two of the engine mountings the one underneath and the one under the air filter but to no avail

Any sugestions please

Help FOCUS TDCI 1.8 03 plate

I have a funny knocking sound when I take my foot off the Accelerator just one knock

I have changed two of the engine mountings the one underneath and the one under the air filter but to no avail

Any sugestions please

Might be worth checking the gearbox mounts as I had something similar on my old MK2 Focus I had.

Cheers Pete

coud be worth getting the drive axle checked or the bearin might be wrong mind , you eva gone ove a speed bump too fast ?

I have changed the gearbox mounting and the mounting under the air filter

It hapens every time you take your foot off the throttle and when and accelerating very annoying have checked everything for tightness

totaly baffled everyone who has heard it

Its most likely your pedal box matey. Over time the carpet and deadening beneath them becomes squashed and they start knocking when you're using the pedals. Have come across a few focis with this issue. Not sure how you'd cure it though.

Its most likely your pedal box matey. Over time the carpet and deadening beneath them becomes squashed and they start knocking when you're using the pedals. Have come across a few focis with this issue. Not sure how you'd cure it though.

Thanks will investigate

The most common gearbox mount to go, or come lose is at the bottom rear of the gearbox,,to get to it you have to jack up the car and take off the under shield..