Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Questions About Digital Speedo.

JennyUK

How accurate is the digital speedo compared to the analogue? I'm getting different readings from them. One is saying 30 while the other says 42. Is this normal or could there be a fault?

There will be a slight difference (about 4-6 mph MAX) with the needle erring on the slower side and the digi pretty accurate, but a 12 MPH difference is a bit excessive I would have thought....

Yeah I assumed so. I reset it while driving and it will sometimes drop to 17 (while I'm still doing 30) and then go back up to 40+. It's only ever been accurate once.

Hmmm I would say get it checked, but is it worth the hassle?

Not really no but if there is a fault I'm wondering if it's effected the other readings too like mpg and millage.

Then I would think about it yep.

Quickest check is to use a GPS to work out which is right. My Fiesta reads 55mph on the speedo when the GPS reads 50mph, so 10% out on the slow side for the analog one, but to be honest thats been about the same on other cars I've driven.

You could also look at he marked mile splodges on the road to try and check distance is OK.

I suspect a digital one will be better and that data used to genereate MPG/ mileage, so probably right, whereas the dials are mechanical so prone to some distortion.

You sure you did't have it in kph? 42kph is 26mph...

You sure you did't have it in kph? 42kph is 26mph...

I had that thought too Nath, but when she said the speed dropped off suddenly while the needle didn't made me wonder.

I lived in NZ for 3 years and driving in KM seems fast (100KMh motorway limit) but it feels slow as it is actually only about 62MPH :unsure:

HI

I have a Titanium 2009 on 17 inch wheels and have checked speedo with tom tom sat nav.

Speedo appears to be 3mph fast on all speed ranges.Can you tell me where the digital speedo is,as i dont seem to have it.

What is this digital speedo you speak of?

What is this digital speedo you speak of?

There is a speedometer in the fascia where you also get the mpg and trip computer.

There is a speedometer in the fascia where you also get the mpg and trip computer.

How have I not noticed this!? :huh: lol

That's not an actual speedometer.

Part of trip computer function From the Fiesta Owners Handbook:

"Average speed:

Indicates the average speed calculated since the function was last reset."

You can get a digital (and accurate) speedo if you use the cars "hidden" diagnostic menu

Ah thanks for that. Now I know what the point is in having a trip button at the rev counter as well as the one on the stalk :)

You can get a digital (and accurate) speedo if you use the cars "hidden" diagnostic menu

How do you do this?? Does it reset/refresh the current stats? Make sure they're all accurate etc?

Ah thanks for that. Now I know what the point is in having a trip button at the rev counter as well as the one on the stalk :)

More likely redundancy, as you only get the stalk button if you get the trip computer, and some of the base models don't have it.

How do you do this?? Does it reset/refresh the current stats? Make sure they're all accurate etc?

I think you turn the key to "1" then hold this button down, then start car car while still holding it down, the word "test" should then come on screen.

Then you can press the button repeatedly to get each option.

This was how it was on my Focus, haven't yet tried it on my Fiesta.

\\

Iv done this on my fiesta very cool thing to show to friends haha!