Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Magenta owners

Truly55

I was sold on the Hot Magenta colour when I saw it in the brochure as it looked amazing. Having now seen a couple in the flesh the paint never looks anything other than a solid plum colour. For those of you who already have the colour does it actually ever look close to the electric magenta we see online and in the brochure? Granted I've only ever seen it on dullish days.

Cheers

I was sold on the Hot Magenta colour when I saw it in the brochure as it looked amazing. Having now seen a couple in the flesh the paint never looks anything other than a solid plum colour. For those of you who already have the colour does it actually ever look close to the electric magenta we see online and in the brochure? Granted I've only ever seen it on dullish days.

Cheers

i find it extremely difficult to distinguish between the hot magenta and the Morello. i saw one on a car park outside tesco while the person was loading their shopping and i asked him what the colour was. when he said hot magenta i nearly coughed out loud. i mean it just isnt anything special unless its sitting under the studio lights of a showroom.

Personally i think the car looks fantastic in the squeeze green or silver. they show off the profile of the car the best. i wouldnt like to pay £550 for hot magenta thats for sure.

Cheers

I understand where you are coming from here as I had the same reservations when I bought mine.

Originally I had ordered it in black but when I saw the colour in the brochure I changed my mind--I personally love the colour because, being pearlescent, it changes colour (albeit subtly) in different lights.

I bought mine "blind" as I didn't actually see one before I received it so, if you like, I took a chance.

Where I live (in the sticks) most of the time it looks like the advert colour but on dull days and when it's dirty it can be deceptive.

It's a personal choice I guess--I looked at the green and just wondered whether I'd manage to sell it as easily as the magenta--I know it sounds odd but you have to consider all the factors etc.

I understand where you are coming from here as I had the same reservations when I bought mine.

Originally I had ordered it in black but when I saw the colour in the brochure I changed my mind--I personally love the colour because, being pearlescent, it changes colour (albeit subtly) in different lights.

I bought mine "blind" as I didn't actually see one before I received it so, if you like, I took a chance.

Where I live (in the sticks) most of the time it looks like the advert colour but on dull days and when it's dirty it can be deceptive.

It's a personal choice I guess--I looked at the green and just wondered whether I'd manage to sell it as easily as the magenta--I know it sounds odd but you have to consider all the factors etc.

Totally agree with RE selling. However if you look every manufacturer now has some sort of green on their list. It suits some cars better than others. i couldnt imagine say a focus in that colour. it suits the fiesta down to the ground and come selling time i can see no problem selling it. Had so many people stop and stare and praise the colour...like to see it with a styling kit on.

Dont get me wrong i like the hot magenta but its to subtle for the additional price.

Fiesta is my wifes car. ive just ordered an Alfa Romeo Mito in Etna Black..Now that is a really nice colour..looks black from a distance but theres red/copper flecks underneath. looks lovely in most conditions but really stands out when sun diretly on it. pop down to your local alfa dealer and have a look...lol

Totally agree with RE selling. However if you look every manufacturer now has some sort of green on their list. It suits some cars better than others. i couldnt imagine say a focus in that colour. it suits the fiesta down to the ground and come selling time i can see no problem selling it. Had so many people stop and stare and praise the colour...like to see it with a styling kit on.

Dont get me wrong i like the hot magenta but its to subtle for the additional price.

Fiesta is my wifes car. ive just ordered an Alfa Romeo Mito in Etna Black..Now that is a really nice colour..looks black from a distance but theres red/copper flecks underneath. looks lovely in most conditions but really stands out when sun diretly on it. pop down to your local alfa dealer and have a look...lol

Agreed, even the new RS focus is going to be bright green!

Funny you should mention the Alfa though--there was a picture / review in our local paper and at the time I thought how nice it looked--I'd better not look too closely though--I've only just had the Fiesta so I've got to keep it a couple of years.......

Back to black, our new Sportka is panther black and, depending on how the light falls, there's beautiful metallic sparkles in the paintwork so I can imagine how nice the Alfa black must be.

Will you put some pics up of it when you get it?

The new fiesta looks GREAT in black :) With the chrome detailing around the car, really makes it look nice. I saw a fiesta in hot magenta and im not a huge fan of it. It's more of a womans colour really

The new fiesta looks GREAT in black :) With the chrome detailing around the car, really makes it look nice. I saw a fiesta in hot magenta and im not a huge fan of it. It's more of a womans colour really

I love the colour in the right light, but wouldnt have it for me :)

Totally agree on the black, seen one around Plymouth and it looks amazing in real life!

It's not my fave colour although I've bought one but it's for the wife and I'm sure she'll love it. If I was buying one for me it would either be Panther Black or Vision.

Was going to order the Magenta, but seeing the Morello with Dotts Syracuse at a local dealer the wife changed her mind and went for that instead. Considering the amount of Hot Magentas already for sale and on order, it looks like it'll be the most popular colour so I'm glad we opted for Morello.

Sorry but if your getting the Mito then it's got to be Alfa Red, IMO that's the only colour Alfa should do :P

As for Squeeze Green on the Fiesta, when I was getting my Foucs (and alright the dealer was trying to persuade me from going for anIbiza in there version of Squeeze) he told me that a green car is one of the hardest to sell...he was equally unhappy when he had to do my Part Ex which was a 106 in you guessed it green :lol:

No seriously all dealers I have spoken too have said never get a green car, unless it's British Racing Green.

Agreed, even the new RS focus is going to be bright green!

Funny you should mention the Alfa though--there was a picture / review in our local paper and at the time I thought how nice it looked--I'd better not look too closely though--I've only just had the Fiesta so I've got to keep it a couple of years.......

Back to black, our new Sportka is panther black and, depending on how the light falls, there's beautiful metallic sparkles in the paintwork so I can imagine how nice the Alfa black must be.

Will you put some pics up of it when you get it?

Yea sure no problem but no drewling...lol

To be honest i think its just preference and i got my decision down to 2 cars which were the fiesta and Mito. so goog choice on your behalf. My wifes is fantastic and only a little naggling rattle from drivers side air vent is spoiling it at the moment. hopefully get it sorted.

I wasn't a fan of the Hot Magenta but the wife loved it so we got it - i would have gone for black or taken a chance on a non-metallic white or red one.

When it came it did look less hot, more lukewarm. Saying that in the snow last week and yesterday in the bright sun it really did stand out.

I wasn't a fan of the Hot Magenta but the wife loved it so we got it - i would have gone for black or taken a chance on a non-metallic white or red one.

When it came it did look less hot, more lukewarm. Saying that in the snow last week and yesterday in the bright sun it really did stand out.

I've just taken mine down to the jet wash at Morrisons and given it a good blasting to get all the salt and dirt and grit off the body.

It's all shiny again now.............until the next time!!!

Sorry but if your getting the Mito then it's got to be Alfa Red, IMO that's the only colour Alfa should do :P

As for Squeeze Green on the Fiesta, when I was getting my Foucs (and alright the dealer was trying to persuade me from going for anIbiza in there version of Squeeze) he told me that a green car is one of the hardest to sell...he was equally unhappy when he had to do my Part Ex which was a 106 in you guessed it green :lol:

No seriously all dealers I have spoken too have said never get a green car, unless it's British Racing Green.

Its like anything the dealers will tell you a load of twaddle. The one dealer i mentioned when enquiring about the fiesta told me Greens back in fashion and will re-sell very well. (i wanted green anyway so wasnt listening to his bull....)

Another dealer told me not to put the street pack on (skirts and spoiler) as no one wants a car that looks racy.....i mean what a load of cr.p

Each to their own and there will always be a buyer for what ever you have. I wouldnt personally buy a hot magenta as touching it up from the stone chips is going to be a nightmare.

As for the Alfa your quite right in some ways...RED is always synonomous with Alfa. However they only did 2 reds on the Mito and the one was pillar box red which looked pants.

The other was ok but ive never had a red car and i couldnt do it.

The car in the Metal looks so so much better than pictures and once i saw the Etna Black in the metal i was sold....Still love the fiesta tho. wished they had done a bigger diesel cause that would have sold it for me. Still love pinching the wifes keys to hers tho

I was really up for getting my car in hot magenta until the saleswomen said it looks nothing like it does in the brochure!

If Ford staff say it...well! Havent seen one in the flesh as such though!

Have ordered mine in Vision blue.

I was really up for getting my car in hot magenta until the saleswomen said it looks nothing like it does in the brochure!

Having read all these post, my wife is trying to change her order from Hot Magenta to Black. Can soemone help her with this decission.

Having read all these post, my wife is trying to change her order from Hot Magenta to Black. Can soemone help her with this decission.

Go for Black.....Definitely

Just to prove that black is by far the best colour....heres mine :P

DSC04573.jpg

Vision Blue is well nice, then again I'm biased (see my avatar :P )