Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Haz93

Automatic Headlight Sensor

80 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I'm from Slovenia and i like this forum cose it has some usefull information about moding my Ford Focus. I have 2008 1.6 Ti-VCT Ford Focus. It's a sport edition (well not Zetec S model like u have in UK.). My idea is to have a auto lights/wipers, tempomat, mybe xenon next year with arduino self leveling controler. Well that's my wish ;)

To the facts:

First whould like to enable the auto lights in my focus. I bought Auto switch (4M5T-13A024-CA), light/rainj sensor (3S7T-17D547-AB). I have a ELM cable and software so all should be good, but (there is allways but with Ford-s) it's not working.

First a have looked at my auto switch wireing and i think there are all wires that i need. Picture:

IMG 20131117 125711

Then i looked at the connector for sensor in the top of the interior light. There was only one red connector and one black. So i have made a wire to the C98 connector in the PJB. Now the tricky part. The C98 connecor does not have pins so i have opend the PJB and found this:

IMG 20131118 135436

IMG 20131118 135445

Oky..as i found somewhere here it must be connected pin 4,11 and 12. So i have made the connection to the sensor connector:

PJB pins

Then connected the sensor to pins:

Sensor connection

So what am i doing wrong?
I have enabled it in ELMConfig but still not working. Eny ideas guys?

Have a read of this buddy. I have completed this mod and it has been heavily covered. I think that you are using thrme wrong wires. In this thread I include pictures of the correct connectors going into the sensors n mirror

Read from the start

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Hey!

Tnx for info. but i have checked all the wiering from sensor to PJB C98 pin 4,11,12. I have 12V on pin1 and ground in pin2 of rain sensor. I checkd that i have connection from C320 pin no. 4 to connector in PJB C103 pin 5.

As i can see from here i think it must be a autolamp relay in my version of PJB that is PJB 7M5T-14A073-BB.

There is only one issue that i'm not sure. That is in the Entire shematics PDF file i found a relay R21 Autolamp relay and it's fitted in PCB. Does this relay must be fited too?

My version of PJB is:

PJB 7M5T-14A073-BB

PJB 7M5T-14A073-BB