Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wheato90

Seat Belt Reel Problems

1 post in this topic

Hello.

Just over a month ago I bought a 2006 ford fiesta zetec climate. A couple weeks after I got it I noticed a noise inside the car toward the back. I plugged the seat belts in, because I realised they knock against the plastic, but still had a noise. I found out that it was the reel itself on the rear seat, drivers side. The noise is like a constant vibrating, and is sometimes easy to hear, and sometimes not. I obviously want to sort it out because it quickly gets very annoying.

I took the plastic cap off of the side of the reel, and a white plastic piece flew out. When I put the piece back in the seat belt keeps jamming now. It will work fine if you take the piece out, but it is obviously in there for a reason. The reel on the rear passenger side has starting making the same noise recently as well which is very frustrating.

So now I am left with two annoying noises and am not sure how that piece goes back in the cap on the side of the reel.

I have searched high and low on the internet and can't find anything. A friend told me to post on this site so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.