dodgy-alan

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Kia Cee'd 2 1.6 CRDTI Auto
  • Year: 2012

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

If, like me, you watch the series, Police Interceptors, Road Wars etc, Dont you wish, that when the Police finally catch the little b*st*rds that have caused so much carnage, Put lives at risk and trashed something that didn't belong to them, they could turn the cameras off for a while and give them a damned good kicking! Then call the owners of the stolen cars etc and let them come along and have a go too ! Only then should the pitiful remains of the scumbags concerned be dragged to the nick and charged! Instead on half the cases shown the little sods show no remorse at all, swagger about the police station as though they own it and then the CPS lets them off as there apparently not enough evidence! WTF they've been filmed for at least 30 minutes tearing up the neighbourhood, been shown resisting arrest, cost thousands of pounds in Police Rescources only to be sent home like naughty schoolboys!
It really pi**es me off when these b*st*rds get away with it. I'd love to see the Police helicopters fitted with a dirty great gun under the nose like the Apache so that if the stolen vehicle refuses to stop when ordered, and then proceeds to put lives at risk, they can just take the bl**dy thing out with one burst ! There are times when the officers concerned, seeing someone walk away with a smacked wrist, must think "Is it really worth the effort!" It really must be demoralising for them. The CPS really should back up the officers that have put so much time and effort in capturing the criminals concerned.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 James Rosier

James Rosier

Ford Focus Owner

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 TDCi

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,539 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

I know how you feel Alan. Its frustrating to see the little scum bags put peoples lives at risk and cause £1000's worth of damage to be given a 2 year ban when there not even old enough to drive.

Im sure the CPS do the best they can as I know the Police do within the law. It is the law that is an !Removed!.

In my opinion, anybody that fails to stop for the Police should automatically be banned for life. It will make them think twice about it but will not stop those with the usual intellect of a !Removed!.

#4 dodgy-alan

dodgy-alan

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Kia Cee'd 2 1.6 CRDTI Auto

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

James, If you work for the Police as you say you do then I hope you never have to take a statement, Your command of the English language is appalling for someone in your position. Spelling mistakes and bad grammar indicate that you do NOT work for the police, If you DO then I can only assume it is a very junior role and certainly NOT on the front line. As a matter of fact I know an awful lot about the police and the CPS ,as not only do I have a close relative who worked for many years with the Metropolitan force but as a local councillor I have close contact with my local force and I regularly speak to front line officers.
Yes taking out cars with excessive force COULD cause collatoral damage however I would not expect an armed helicopter to open fire in a heavily populated area, the decision to do so would only be taken as a last resort and where further pursuit would put even more lives at risk. In the USA some SWAT teams are already experimenting with this option although they use armed officers with high powered rifles firing from the side of the Helicopter as opposed to a chin mounted weapon.
Regarding the CPS, I am fully aware that they do a difficult job and do not always get it right. However the point I was making was that some of these well televised pursuits often result in little or no punishment for the offenders and this for the officers concerned is very frustrating.
Finally the forum is a place for OPEN discussion and providing I do not cause offence, or deliberately make racist, sexist or otherwise derogatory comments against a particular person then as far as I am concerned any subject or point of view is fair comment. Something you should be aware of before you dare tell ANYONE what they can and cannot post. My comments were NOT aimed at any individual but merely an apparent observation regarding the conduct of a government organisation. This country is, last time I looked, a DEMOCRACY, and as such political comment is not outlawed. Again your ill advised comment regarding this indicates to me that you have no connection to the police, (you never told us all which force incidentally, I'm sure we'd all like to know!). I await your reply with interest.

#5 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,501 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

As a serving Officer with Devon & Cornwall Police I reserve the right to not pick sides. ;)
The CPS apply the law but do not make it.
It is frustrating when we do a lot of leg work gathering evidence and statements etc. and the case gets thrown out for lack of evidence but my job is to bring offenders to justice not to prosecute them.
I know only what I need to about the law to make decisions concerning arrestable offences or what constitutes a crime but I am not a Lawyer or Judge.
That is way above my pay grade.
I carry out my duty without grace or favour and within the guidelines as laid down.

#6 JennyUK

JennyUK

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Name: Jenny
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Stoney, the voice of reason :lol:

#7 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,501 posts
Contributor

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Stoney, the voice of reason :lol:

Posted Image

#8 James Rosier

James Rosier

Ford Focus Owner

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hello all!

I have just logged onto FOC and have just seen what has been put! This was NOT me who put that post and was infact my younger sibling! I apologise to all if the post caused any harm or upset!

It has been removed.

#9 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,501 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image

#10 James Rosier

James Rosier

Ford Focus Owner

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

But yes I do work for the police!

I work for Thames Valley Police as a Detention Officer, tho the post previous was not me haha!

Hope everyone is well!

Who is going to ford fair?

#11 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,501 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm a Dog Handler in D&C, wish I could make a show but as I'm also an ex ARO I tend to be on call for armed incidents too.
It seems that having good knowledge of both taskings makes me ideal for times where dogs and Armed Response are deployed at the same time.
Ah well, plenty of overtime. ;)

#12 James Rosier

James Rosier

Ford Focus Owner

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

Sounds fantastic! Unfortunately im at work now, and in custody! Woo!!

Very busy for a Sunday night! Full house!

#13 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,501 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

Drunks and tarts?
Usual weekend crop lol.

#14 James Rosier

James Rosier

Ford Focus Owner

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Indeed. Everyone Is drunk and has medical issues in MK!

#15 James Rosier

James Rosier

Ford Focus Owner

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Indeed. Everyone Is drunk and has medical issues in MK!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users