gc88

Hello,

Who's got them?

Who's had them but got rid?

Opinions?

Pictures are good :)

gc

raisehand.gif

Ive had the genuine ford ones before i fitted the zetec s kit and they were great cant fault them at all.

but ford dont make mud flaps for the zetec s so we have to buy custon fit sets, i bought mine off a guy on eBay in june 2011 i have since asked him to sell the sets again as people would buy them but he has not made a sucesfull come back with supplying like he used to,

so i have done some research and found the flaps that he was selling still on sale here: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c65373352

the only additional item required for the zetec s fitment is a small metal plate which i will do my best to picture and post on here tomorrow evening.

but here is some images of them fitted,

and here is the fitting guide on PDF specific for Zetec s fitment Mud Flaps Zetec S fitting.pdf

they are a fantastic upgrade and i payed £50 for my set they are worth every penny even if i was ripped off at the time lol

Image2004.jpg

Image2002.jpg

Image2000.jpg

Image2007.jpg

Image2001.jpg

Image2009.jpg

put them on my mk1 and put them on my mk2 wouldnt be without them especially when you see how much crud they stop that would normally be thrown along the car

Oops! double post due to slow browser saving post.

I put mud flaps on all my cars if possible. Saves a lot of stone chip damage around the sills and is far easier to keep the car clean. Unfortunately they dont do them for the wifes SportKA and as a result that is well pitted around the sills and starting to rust. I would put after market ones on but there is no way of securing them properly on the SportKA.

Lenny: That is a real neat job you have done with the after market flaps. It is a shame they dont do OEM ones to fit with the body kits though.

I put mud flaps on all my cars if possible. Saves a lot of stone chip damage around the sills and is far easier to keep the car clean. Unfortunately they dont do them for the wifes SportKA and as a result that is well pitted around the sills and starting to rust. I would put after market ones on but there is no way of securing them properly on the SportKA.

Lenny: That is a real neat job you have done with the after market flaps. It is a shame they dont do OEM ones to fit with the body kits though.

Thanks mate,

they used to be sold as a kit for the zetec s on eBay,

thats where i bought mine from but the link in my post above is the same flaps as i purchased just a different seller, these flaps will fit the zetec s the st and the rs, all three of these models suffer from stone chips stripping the paint from under the side skirts, so i was eager to fit some flaps to protect the area as soon as i had gotten the body kit fitted i put the flaps on to protect it the following day,

they are great for keeping the car clean and also reduice the level of spray from the rear of the car when driving on the motorway in wet conditions, and they are still high enough to clear kurbs when reversing but only 3mm higher than the kurb.

ooo errr lenny has spray all over his flaps lol sorry couldnt resist :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So the ones you linked fit lenny?

Without the metal you were on about?

yes mate,

the mud flaps in the link are exactly the ones that are fitted to my focus and in the pictures above,

and the metal plate is for use on the rear flaps it supports the flap on the top screw,

basically the plate fits to the existing screw in the rear wheel arch and supports the hole that you need to make next to the original screw, it doesnt need to me made from metal they could be made from rubber or 2mm perspex just the same.

ill get a picture of it if i can get it visible on the rear arch

as promised here are some pictures of the small plate guys. used when fitting the mud flaps in the link above, and mentioned in the PDF guide too

the screw on the right side of the picture is the original ford screw fitted in its original location, it is just used to grip the small plate then the screw on the left of it is used to grip the mud flap in to the plate for optimum support on the rear flaps at the top end.

then on the final picture below is an image of the lower end on the rear flaps,

you can see the second original ford screw used to grip the flap aswell as some additional screws that come supplied with the flaps,

their is no set rule to the ammount of screws that must be used but i just divided the ammount of screws i had by four and used them all up.

Image2154.jpg

Image2153.jpg

Image2152.jpg

Image2150.jpg

Image2149.jpg

Image below is of the lower side on the rear flaps

Image2156.jpg

useful stuff

Awesome, thanks.

Where does this 'plate' come from? Thats the bit thats confusing me!

Awesome, thanks.

Where does this 'plate' come from? Thats the bit thats confusing me!

the plates came with the kit that i bought from the seller on eBay that used to buy the sets of mud flaps i linked you to earlier,

then make up these plates for the rear flaps and add a copy of the fitting instructions i also linked on this thread in PDF format,

and sell them as a custom zetec s pack for £50

so the little plate is all you need to create along with the flaps ive linked in a previous post on this topic then your all done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club